Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hopeless96, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopeless96

hopeless96 New Member

I love the rain. It makes me feel so hopeful yet so hopeless. The rain isn't good for depression, because the weather can effect your moods. I inherited depression from both sides of the family. When I'm depressed, I get even more depressed because I have no reason to be. I'm on medication. It works somewhat. What ticks me off is that I can't talk. My mother is the one talking, not me. But the thing is i could never tell my mom i wanted to do a session alone, because it would break her heart. And if i opened up with her there it would hurt her even worse. She doesn't know its as bad as it is, and I have to protect her from the truth. So i cry with the rain, and i cry in the rain. Alone, because no knows to reach out for me.
  2. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Hello Hopeless96,

Welcome to Suicide Forum, I am glad you are reaching out to people on here thats a big step to take so :hug:'s

I enjoy danceing in the rain, but I know it can be hiighly had for your moods, I am sorry to hear about your mum, maybe speak to the person who holds the session to make your mum leave 1 session so you can be alone how would that feel?

Take care :hug: x
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

so I guess this means that you are getting family counseling with mom.

is there a way that you can pass a note to, write a letter to, or call the therapist to get across what you feel? this could be important.

I think that asking to do a session alone would be ok.

if your mom doesn't understand and can't accept that you have a right to privacy and want to communicate with a therapist privately, it's really unreasonable of her. it's not healthy for either of you if she is exerting that much control over your life.

seeing a therapist in a private session would probably be the best thing for both of you in the long run.

not having a private session seems like it is causing you way more harm than any hurt you imagine your mom feeling by having one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.