1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rain

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hopeless96, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopeless96

hopeless96 New Member

I love the rain. It makes me feel so hopeful yet so hopeless. The rain isn't good for depression, because the weather can effect your moods. I inherited depression from both sides of the family. When I'm depressed, I get even more depressed because I have no reason to be. I'm on medication. It works somewhat. What ticks me off is that I can't talk. My mother is the one talking, not me. But the thing is i could never tell my mom i wanted to do a session alone, because it would break her heart. And if i opened up with her there it would hurt her even worse. She doesn't know its as bad as it is, and I have to protect her from the truth. So i cry with the rain, and i cry in the rain. Alone, because no knows to reach out for me.

2. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Hello Hopeless96,

Welcome to Suicide Forum, I am glad you are reaching out to people on here thats a big step to take so :hug:'s

I enjoy danceing in the rain, but I know it can be hiighly had for your moods, I am sorry to hear about your mum, maybe speak to the person who holds the session to make your mum leave 1 session so you can be alone how would that feel?

Take care :hug: x

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

so I guess this means that you are getting family counseling with mom.

is there a way that you can pass a note to, write a letter to, or call the therapist to get across what you feel? this could be important.

I think that asking to do a session alone would be ok.

if your mom doesn't understand and can't accept that you have a right to privacy and want to communicate with a therapist privately, it's really unreasonable of her. it's not healthy for either of you if she is exerting that much control over your life.

seeing a therapist in a private session would probably be the best thing for both of you in the long run.

not having a private session seems like it is causing you way more harm than any hurt you imagine your mom feeling by having one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.