Raised to Hate

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I might be shocked but the exact same thing is being taught all over the world.

Need to watch some Palestinian childrens television.

3. kbp

kbp Active Member

Don't believe this story. Just another article to re imply white guilt on people.

:cool:WPWW:cool:

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Why shouldn't we believe this "story"? It's not just "another article", it's an actual court case with real people and witnesses.

5. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Whats funny is that this reminds me of Fred Phelps and the Westborror Baptists church.
    Would their kids have been taken under Canadian law?

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

And it's our most trusted news source. It happened.

7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

What do those initials stand for, kbp? White Power Wowee Wowow?

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

"White Pride World Wide. Education is key to the survival of the White Race."

And reported him for neoNazi trash.

9. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

It's not a white-guilt thing. It's a human thing. Blacks, Asians, Arabs, not to mention heterosexuals, Christians, Muslims, evne Hindus - every group has some sick fringe of this supramecist nature.

10. Maaso

Maaso Well-Known Member

How is that any different than raising your kid as a Christian, a Satanist, Spanish speaking, Cantonese....its what the parents want for THEIR kid, its THEIR kid, so fuck off....raise your kid how you want to, and dont question how they raise THEIRS.

11. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

There's a difference between raising a kid to learn a certain language or have a certain conviction and raising them to be violent and kill a minority group. When there's an explicit potential for harm, then we question it.

They're plenty of racists and bigots out there, as is their right, but when they risk lives that's when people step in and get concerned.

12. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Maaso: So are you saying that if a couple raise their kids to hack peoples heads off it's o.k., because it was THEIR kids? Surely you jest!

13. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

While our upbringings do have a great deal to do with what belief system we have, we still have the choice to act on those beliefs or search for the truth behind them.We mske the choices of how to behave. People need to stop hiding behind knowingly doing or saying the wrong things in the name of "I was raised that way". Being raised to steal does not change the fact that stealing is not right.

14. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Not all societies view theft as a crime, gentlelady. Hammurabi's Code, the oldest codified set of law, for instance, views it as tort.

Right and wrong are societally dependent.

There are a great many lawbreakers in Canada - marijuana smokers for instance... That's by Canadian law, but Canadian custom allows it. By American law, there's a great many more - we're pirates. We steal software, movies, music. And by Canadian law, many Americans are criminals, performing weapons offences.

We can't even agree on murder. Is an executioner a murderer? There are old statutes in some American places that legalize killing Natives if there's more than 3 of them on your property... How about a soldier? Abortion doctor?

In this case, however, Canadian (and most international) standards are being violated in Canada, so it's pretty clear-cut.

15. shades

shades Staff Alumni

AOEU: I know we're all pretty much in agreement here but Hammurabi's code is over 3500 years old. In which country/countries is it o.k. to steal another's property?

Aslo, they list 7 codes on Wikipedia, and almost all are quite brutal and irrational. For instance:

a) If an individual builds a house and the house falls and kills the inhabitant, the builder shall be put to death. [they didn't exactly have the best of building materials at that time, so there was probably a lot of this].

b) If a woman (I guess a midwife) nurses two children (one each from two different families) and one dies, she shall have her breasts cut off.

I certainly hope his code is not followed in any society that wishes to be seen as civil.

16. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It was an example of a society that viewed theft as not a crime - that is, it's a demonstration that it's not universally agreed that stealing is "wrong".

This seems good, really. An engineer must use his materials SAFELY at all times. I think the fellow responsible for the Kansas City Skywalk disaster should be executed... He didn't even get jail time. :( [This dispute over this point is another excellent example of disagreement over very basic ethics.]

Now, as for modern societies... The US views me as a thieving criminal.

But I break no Canadian laws. [Oh, and I already said this, but you didn't read my post.]

The Point(I went off on a tangent)
    Anyhow, the point is that there is no universal point of view on what's right and what's wrong. However, in Canadian culture as of 2009 raising children to murder adults NOT in wartime based only on race is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  17. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

That's disgusting. But not surprising.

18. shades

shades Staff Alumni

AOEU: I never said or implied that you were a criminal, no argument, and I did read that.

I just questioned the use of Hammurabi as your source as it is 3500 plus years old, and we are talking about contemporary issues here. Had to edit, saw your "point" at the end, and I have no disagreement with that.

19. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I actually like the characterization of Canadians as pirates. Today I went for a swashbuckler look. I think I should use a white shirt instead of black, however.

But the ethics of theft and even *murder* are not agreed upon between the US and Canada, two heavily intermixed cultures. Theft is NOT wrong in some cases and is NOT right in others. Every society views it differently, so it's not fair to say, as gentlelady did, that everyone should know that stealing is wrong regardless of upbringing.

Ooh, and in direct response to the title of the thread, Raised to Hate: racism is far more tolerated in the US and Europe and Japan (they're notorious for it) than in Canada. You're all Raised to Hate, but not to kill... Oh, and my brother argues that we in Canada are racist against aboriginals. So we're all raised in our own little unethical, hateful ways. And that's just how it goes, at least until we can decide on a universal code of ethics... Not just laws. We all need to agree, internally and externally.

And all I'm doing is obfuscating the issue to the point that you no longer believe there to be a simple answer. This is an extremely complex issue, just like everything else.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  20. Maaso

Maaso Well-Known Member

Yeah, its none of my business how people raise their kids. I can say the same thing about people raising their kids Christian...they are raising them to hate. HATE! People like me, who dont follow the church, who dont read the bible, who dont do the pledge of allegiance. Christians hate, discriminate, and cause more damage than any other groups combined.

But I dont care...because I'm not raising my illigitimate or aborted kids that way.

I personally dont give a shit about people, what color, race, religion, sexual preference, or the type of shoes they're wearing. I dont care....I do HATE stupid and intolerant people though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.