Random moment

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by FoReVeR LoSt, Oct 19, 2008.

1. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

So the other day, i was in the bank with my gf and she kissed me. It was late and I guess this guy must have seen us through the window, but he came in and said "that was fucked, can i have another show?" and i just kind of laughed ,my gf didn't hear it though. I didn't know how to take it and it kind of made me think, is it ok to be kissing in public? some ppl can't stand 2 girls holding hands, and this guy wanted another show? What is this world coming to...

2. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

heya foreva x

some people dont agree with it, and some poeple dont care. its the same as a guy and a gal kissing, thats my view. im bisexual so i dont disagree. its their problem if they dont like it, not yours, you to are in love so there isnt a shouldnt i, or do people care kinda response to it. im glad for you x hope your relaitionship is long lasting x
    Xx Sky xX

3. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I've always thought it was totally fine, what you and your partner do with your lips is your business. A friend of mine disagrees with me and he did bring something I hadn't thought about to my attention though, he said while he's fine with it he wouldn't want his children to see and be influenced by it. I have to say I agree with him to an extent, while I'm fine with the choices other people have made I can't say I would be comfortable having my son or daughter exposed to that at a young age. Homosexuality isn't generally accepted by society and if he or she were to decide that that was the path for them because of an intimate act they saw as a child I don't think I could rest easy.

With that said, as long as there aren't any children in sight I'd say go for it.

4. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

those were his exact words? and only those words? doesn't make any
    sense. is there a laughing academy near the bank? he might have been
    on a lunch break. no guys in white smocks hanging around close or anything?
    sounds weird!

5. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

first off and slightly off topic, Reki, kids seeing two people of the same gender kissing is as likely to make them gay as seeing tall people is to make them tall! if kids are going to be gay then they already are. you're right that homosexuality isn't always accepted in society, but maybe if we let kids know that it's ok to be who you are it could become accepted, as it should be.

now back on to topic, Forever Lost, there's nothing wrong with kissing in public, why should you have to hide your affection just because you're both girls? it's people like that guy who are the problem, i find it so insulting when guys think two girls kissing is purely for their entertainment, personally if i could have id have slapped that guy, or had him kicked out

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Some guys are turned on by two girls making out in public.

7. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

They don't need to loudly declare that by shouting out demeaning comments in public though. And there's a massive difference between a kiss and making out, neither of which are for the titillation of passing guys who suffer from a severe lack of manners.

8. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with kissing out in public.
    I love it when it happens because it makes me feel like
    he's not ashamed to be seen out with me that way :)

9. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

I agree with the children thing, but her neice is so smart, she's figured it out and we didn't even have to kiss or anything...and she's like 6. Their parents tell us not to do it, so we don't, we listen. I just don't get the world today, i'm going to continue kissing her public, thanks for the comments

10. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the guy being random and silly? I would have thought that myself, just not said it upfront because I don't think I'd have balls to do that.

I don't mind two girls kissing in public (I'd try not to stare, quite the temptation). Two guys, however, I'd probably turn in disgust, I'm afraid. Why? That's just how I grew up I guess. Most men are awfully biased against other men but love looking at lesbians.

11. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

maybe so, but that's not the point. what makes it really weird is the
    way he phrased what he said. I'm a little old I guess, so maybe "that was
    fucked" means something new now. I always took it to mean like 'that wasn't
    exactly an ideal thing to have happen' ie; "that was fucked" like when a
    tire blows out or something.

what does that mean? "that was fucked" and then to say "can I have another show?"

sounds more like sarcasm and berating behavior than 'he got a charge out of it' type behavior.

who knows? not me. the tone of voice has as much to do with it as anything.

either way, it's none of his business. but it sounds to me like sardonic and sarcastic
    having used two conflicting messages unless they both meant the same thing, that being
    disapproval and huffiness more than "turned on"..

whatever I guess.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  12. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

oops. double post. sorry :blink:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  13. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I think two people showing their love for each other can only ever be a good thing. It's a shame more people don't kiss rather than scowling at each other or even worse fighting with each other. The guy sounds a bit strange to me but you should never let a fool stop you doing something which makes you feel good.:smile: