random, stupid text message

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Alyssa88, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 Active Member

Someone sent me a text message. I have never seen this number before and I never gave my number out online or elsewhere. I am pissed- it was saying how I should be happy that "Jesus woke me up" this morning. What the fuck is that?? All I know is it started my day off on a really shitty note, I've been pissed and been panicing all day. I can't get into chat because I am at the computer lab in between classes. I hate Wednesdays, I need vodka. For some reason this text just sent me over the edge, I wish I knew who the hell did it, it seems so random.
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Probably the text was just sent to a random number, and that number happened to be you. Or else the person made a mistake and put one of the digits in wrong.

Try not to dwell too much on it. See it as a mistake, delete it (and maybe save the number so you know if it's them again so you can delete it straight away) and try to distract yourself.

What has been making you panic honey? Take some deep breaths and try to stay calm.

Hang in there
  3. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 Active Member

I don't I can't stop freaking out, about anything. I've been worrying constantly, about grades, my sister. I was th elab todya and got pissed because my intra-rater reliability was a .95 and I was aiming for .98. Everything gest to me, and I can't shut my brain off. I just want to crawl into bed or relax, but I can't. Between my internship, classes, and work I never get a break. I normally like that but right now I feel like I am crashing.
  4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a lot of things on your mind.

Maybe you could try and make a spider diagram of each worry, and then coming off it, all the things you could do to try and improve the situation, or try to rationalise it. You might find that that could help you get a plan of action, or settle your mind about it.

Do you want to elaborate more on here? Why are you worrying about your grades and your sister?

Have you been to the doctors about your anxiety? They can offer you lots to help you with it. Maybe worth a thought.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You need to take a few steps back and take a few deep, cleansing breaths. Do something kind for yourself and try to slow your thinking down a bit. Sometimes when we are under great pressuresand stress, it is hard to get off the rollercoaster and find a minute to unwind and relax. Even if you take 30 minutes, anything. Just for you, where nothing else matters. I hope it slows down for you Alyssa 88. :hug:
  6. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

Such can get you paranoid, but at least the message wasn't anything bad. It doesn't sound like it was pointed to you specific, though I don't know you. Can't you send the number somewhere to know whose it's?

Maybe it was just wrong number. The text message sounds strange, but from the other hand not if it was sent by some religious christian hippie.
  7. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 Active Member

I have no idea why I worry about either. I mean my grades are pretty good ( except for an 88 I got recently) and my sister is fine. I had to call her today just to calm myself down, and that didn't even completely help. I just have this terrible feeling and I haven't been able to shake it. I don't want to go to a doctor, I just can't be that person.
  8. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 Active Member

I don't know, I think that maybe I just am not the happiest person waking up, and reading that didn't make me feel llike I should be. I'm not paranoid, just pissed.
  9. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

What person? The person that is strong for seeking help for a problem?

They can help you learn not to worry anymore. Therapies like CBT and CAT can help you learn how to think without worrying.
  10. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 Active Member

I know, but I just can't do it. Its my worrying which makes me do so well, that makes me look so perfect. Its my worrying that brings me happiness. And it just wouldn't look good if I got help, I am not supposed to be like this. I don't know, I know it osund slame, and I would never judge someone for getting help as I think it is certainly necessary but I can't do it.
  11. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

How does worrying make you happy? you actually sound pretty desperate to not be worrying.

I'm not saying you have to get help, but maybe try and find and employ some techniques into your life that might help you worry less and be more rational.

No one is perfect, and no one can ever look perfect. You will still be the same person if you don't worry, which means you can still achieve and do the same things, but you will probably have some sort of inner calm.

You could do it if you want to. It's not a case of cant get hlep, it's a case of not wanting to get help. That's your choice, and I respect that, but you CAN do it if you decide you want to.
  12. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 Active Member

I'll think about it. My best friend has been on my case about it too. I have to get back to classes, two more to go and then work :dry:. Fun.
  13. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Hope they are ok honey.

Maybe you could google and find things that you could do yourself to help you worry less. Just a thought.

Hang in there and try to keep calm
  14. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I've done some random googling, maybe some of these links might help you. But of course don't feel you have to look at them or anything, or even do anything in them. I'm just bored lol

I googled 'How to stop worrying and got loads, these are just a few of the links.

Take care of yourself. Sorry that my boredom has leaked onto your post.
  15. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 Active Member

Thats really sweet, thank yu. :smile:

I like self help, that way nobody knows
  16. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

no problem. Glad you weren't in anyway offended by my boredom buster activity :) hope they help somehow
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.