random urge months on?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by feathers, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

I went through a bad period a few months ago, dunno if anyone remembers me but I did post. It's now months on, and I haven't felt like cutting for ages, but tonight I was feeling down and it just came back again. I've got no idea why, I wasn't even feeling that bad, and I wasn't even feeling bad about the things that used to make me cut.

Will these random urges keep coming back over my life? It's been months, I thought they'd be gone by now, but apparently I was wrong.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sometime yes they can hit out of the blue but with good coping skills one can prevent the cutting again okay use coping skills to get youthru and when you do you feel even better abt yourself It is hard i know but being prepared helps okay i am sorry the feeling caught you off guard this time around
  3. feathers

thanks for the concern, i resisted thankfully the only reason i used to was because i was suicidal and it made those feelings go away. i never felt the need to cut just because i was feeling low before, but thank you
  4. Kina

Kina Member

I used to/cut for those same reasons. Not because I want to feel pain or numb or even alive...But because I need to break down the intensity, impulsivity because I was afraid I'd kill myself.

Even so, I've randomly had the urge before for no real particular reason at all, at least not one I could recognize right away. Usually with time I could see why I wanted to, just things bubbling under the surface(although to a lesser degree). I kind of associated SI with playing down an unwanted feeling...So I think it's kind of a habitual thing.

Glad you didn't. :hug:
  5. feathers

I don't know but I think it might have been something to do with the fact that I met my boyfriend's friend the other day who had SI scars all over his arms. Possibly a trigger?

Thanks for the replies
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.