Rant About Not Being Welcome.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mrow, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrow

Mrow Banned Member

There are people on the planet who are welcome wherever they go; and others whenever they go.

I am neither of those. Apparently I am rude, and am far too direct for the likes of others. Yet, it seems to be alright for others to be rude, to say things, to be mean etc...

It's just not O.K. for me to do it. That's my rant. My rant is never being able to fit in anywhere, or truly be welcome. Other people can find acceptance; they can find it. I cannot. There are jerks, pigs, and sick individuals who are able to find partners, friends, companions...and the likes.

Imagine for an instance, pedophiles whose wives/husbands remain married to them even after learning it. So even someone of that nature can find someone who will accept them and be with them.

Cheaters too, can find people who will be alright with their past or their even current straying behavior. Criminals can find friends, buddies, life partners even.

It just seems that I look and see people pairing up, whether in intimate relationships, friendships, platonic ventures etc....

So even the scum of the earth can find a way to fit in or be accepted. But I feel I am the exception; yet I don't feel like I go out of my way to be that either.

It's sad that this has to be the case for me.
  2. panoply

panoply Banned Member

You and I both. It seems I can't even be accepted in a suicide prevention chatroom. Guess I'm "too direct."
  3. Mrow

Mrow Banned Member

Awww PW...I am sorry.

You're just fiery. :(

I was wondering why I haven't seen you there... it's like your homeland. :(

It sucks to not be able to be oneself. To not be accepted; and others can just be themselves and be taken right in... mmm. I hope you can find a place or a group of people that know what you truly mean; instead of those who just look at the surface of the words.
  4. MLKane

MLKane Well-Known Member

I spend all day everyday being fake just to be on the fringes of friendship, instead of an outcast. Lots of people know my name and face, I try and make them smile and hug them and help them when they are down. I put a lot of myself into making other people feel happy about themselves, and all I get back out of it is a smile when I say hello. I don't have actual friendships, I don't have real conversations and in those brief moments when I've got more anger than sense I'm bitter and moody and all the while I'm hating myself and the world. but if I didn't work so hard, the only conversation I'd have would be with family, and they're not especially fond of me either.
  5. free3

free3 Well-Known Member

yeah, im with you, anyway im off 2 find a gf.
  6. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

i don't feel welcome either, and a lot of the time it's down to the fact that people don't understand (or i should say, don't want to understand) what i'm going through

but it's not my problem.. if people can't make me feel welcome, they can't expect me to be nice to them- because it's just not going to happen

it's called give and take
  7. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

i know what u mean Mrow
    i am not welcomed either ......to say it euphemistically
    its sad a certain type of people always control everything and are socially entitled to everything
  8. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I just avoid people.

That way, the only person that rejects you, is you :).
  9. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Welcome? Idk, 6 years or so here and Im still an odd ball here. Probably because I don't try. I know if I try Ill either bend to other people or clash with other people. Or worse, connect with other people.

I gave up on being accepted and being seen along time ago.

The thing about being direct on a suicide forum is, sometimes people want to talk around the issues, because the directness is too intense, because they are trying to work their way to it, even though they know of it's existence.

There's a method to communicating. It's not simply be yourself with people who are vulnerable, you have to be smart and understanding about what you say and subject other people to. just because you can take a certain topic in a certain way, doesn't mean the person you are talking to can.

Of course there are the people that just dont give a shit too.
  10. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Age has not been kind to me. In my late 40s I have become The Creep.
    Whereas I was able to flirt easily with the ladies in my teens 20s & 30s, when I flirt with young ladies these days, they find me creepy. Ah, youth!

11. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

I am fed up with someone befriending me, getting me to 'spill my guts' about everything wrong in my life (which is considerable) and then they suddenly turn away from me and ignore me.

Which is why I will not say anything to anyone about me on here any more.
  12. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

^^Ditto! That's usually how it goes for me too. I should be used to it by now but it does get pretty flipping tedious.
  13. Gab

Gab Member

Hey, I feel like that too.

I'm accepted with the Internet strangers. Does that count?

I can't...connect with irl people. I can't pretend to be one of them. I'm just not...like that. IMO everyone else is retarded. Especially at my age... Deeerp.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.