Rant about Sleeplessness

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one time in the last few months (like an hour ago) my mums came into my room this late instead of asking why I was up just shouted at me that I was stupid and should really be asleep right now instead of asking why I had clearly been crying for hours. It makes me so i don’t even know like I was sad anyway but even more sad like all that’s changed is I was getting to a point I could be able to sleep to definitely not sleeping and have to keep my small light off which is going to scare me even more. I want to tell how about my fear of death and sleep but she I do t think she’d understand does anyone have any experiences with telling parents about fears around sleep

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I had some fear of sleep when I was a teenager, but I never told anyone about it, I just didn't sleep much. I was convinced that when I died I would be going to hell, and it scared me shitless, and every night, when I got into bed I had nothing left to distract me from this and it would just eat me alive until I passed out from exhaustion, so I came to fear going to bed itself.

It resolved after a while (wont say how long, not sure if it would be reassuring or seriously depressing, and I don't want to give you the latter) so even though I still hate going to sleep I do get a good 4 hours a night now, but that fear of hell never left me, even now I'm still convinced that's where I'm going. I cant really believe in heaven anymore, it just seems like a fantasy, but I sure do believe in hell.

Still, point is, I cant give you any advice on telling anyone, as I never did, but you aren't alone in this, and even though I'm not saying anything helpful, I felt someone should say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00