Rant - Im thru with Jesus and religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACRon

Ahh shit, Im really psyched out. off the cuff now - HAve you ever been so furious with yourself for bieng so stupid. Im gutted, Im the ultimate athiest you know, always reading between the lines of the true way of our planet. Always been that way apart from the last few years, took a leap of faith, wrapped in cotton wool believing Jesus is on my throne and I'll be rewarded with a place in heaven cuz the big guy is looking out for me cuz he loves me. I never bought it, it never seemed real, it only divided me in two peices. Im so pissed off with myself for letting faith grab me like that. Its as if I had no choice because I was seeking great reward a place in heaven and all that.

Hard to explain because its innexplicable. the good thing now is that the same part of my bieng that bought all that crap has found new meaning in something that suits me better, but this time its based on reality. I feel great right now its as though the world makes sense again. What Ive known all along has slotted right into place, right back where it should be. Im reading and understanding myself in such a way that doesn't lend myself to religion. Ive found a performer and a fellow human bieng with a brain who sees things like I do, they say things how they should be said and its honesty beyond what the sensitive ears of our nations rulers allow us to hear there thoughts that would probably lead to death if spoken in the east. I am annoyed that it took something like this to kick sense into me after all this time. Why couldn't I do it on my own esteem? was I scared? yes to be honest, but thats how they get you. I loathe myself for buying it.

Enough of that anyway, this world is decomposing, the planets gonna end one day and Im not gonna be so self righteous to try and stop it anymore. Faking enthusiasm for saving the whales and the pandas, saving the ozone layer. why should we? 90% of the species that have lived on this planet are extinct, we didn't kill them. We will one day be extinct. it won't be us that causes it. Its a natural process. just like aids STOP BREEDING, just like war, just like religion. when theres a will theres a way. Lets say murder is wrong. is it? it says so in the ten commandments, Deaths due to religious wars must be the largest killer on this planet, the scum bags that flew into the trade center seemed to have no problem with it. the fundaMENTALists don't seem to have a problem with it, when it comes down to it.

The point Im trying to get at here is that I am admonishing the faith in any form of religion that I had, It stinks, I only got into it because I felt I needed to be saved by a miracle, something other worldly. I had no idea of its true nature and I know I'd rather live my life without false hope. Theres a big fucking war going on and to be honest, Im not scared of it anymore because I know its a product of natyre and were all gonna die sooner or later, so fuck saving the planet and living the dream, lets just blow ourselves up because our faiths and our governments are gonna screw it up for us sooner or later anyway.

fading_dreams

the world is decomposing and could end any day. being a christian doesn't have anything to do with being self-righteous or saving whales and pandas. being a christian is about what you believe and where you think yo'ure going when the world ends.
i don't think it will matter how hard we work to save the ozone layer and the pandas and all that junk. we're are slowly killing ourselves. it is alike a slow form of global suicide.
if you will keep in mind that those who flew into the trade centers are not christians. they are muslims. i'm not saying that to get you all ticked at muslims, i'm saying that to tell you that christians believe murder is wrong. christians are not the ones causing the war.
80% of people in the usa say that they are christians, but how many of them live their faith? how many of them actually do stuff about it besides just going to church? how many of them would die for that belief? that is the true measure of christianity, not whether or not you go to church. it sounds like you've been hurt by christians. they're not perfect. no one is. but there are always going to be people who say that they are christians and then aren't relaly, so they give the christians everywhere a bad name.
you still do need to be saved by something that's not worldly. do you honestly feel complete? can you honestly say that there is nothing missing in your life, that you're perfectly satisfied? because.. well, i dont' know about you, but i have a hole.
please don't get mad. i'm just telling you what i think. i am not saying that you have to believe it.

fading_dreams

M

MariaM

Hello!

I had a Catholic education. I used to go to church on Sundays. I did some of the sacraments: baptism, reconciliation and confirmation.
When i was 16-18 i realized that it didn´t make any sense for me... see i don´t believe in dogmas, or the way the Catholic Church acts. I have my own interpretation about the Bible.
I don´t go to church anymore.

But religion has a beautiful side. And that i still believe... the message of love. Love for the others and for the world...
If we took care of each other the world would be a better place. For me religion is that... trying to do our best, without prejudices.

unfortunately people don´t do it. They say they are good people and very religious but their acts.... show a different thing.

In the end people are all the same... it doesn´t matter what´s their religion, culture, or country ... we see that on the news.
I could give an example but i don´t know if people would consider that offensive.

Take care,
Maria

ACRon

why would I get mad at you, Im a compassionate human bieng who just can't accept religion anymore. global suicide, entropy, yes.

I say bollox to religion and bollox to anyone who would die for it. Your bieng used and I understand whole heartedly what it feels like to be a god fearing citizen of the western world, I understand the comfort faith brings to so many people, but if they didn't have god to fear in the first place they wouldn't need protecting from him.

Its just my opinion, and no, im not complete, If I was then I wouldn't bother seeking my true self in atheism. Christians aren't complete to me because the bible is so full of differing context it was designed to be a complete mind fuck to scare people into line and nobody is ever sure. Im a born again atheist, and Im looking forward to returning to my former self after years of confusion about who god really is. Its never been rational

Don't hate me for that, part of me thinks that christians repress atheism, and atheists repress faith, but I know Im more comfortable this way. Im still learning my trade and I know Im on the right path for me. All of the christians can go to there holy war like the hatefull hypocrites they are. again, I understand it, but I won't stand for it. Because this is what I believe, like christians believe in Jesus

facts - 80% of america say they are christians. ok, welll 98% of people in american prisons are christians. atheists in prison = 0.2% compared to 7% in the general population.

M

MariaM

Christians aren't complete to me because the bible is so full of differing context it was designed to be a complete mind fuck to scare people into line and nobody is ever sure.

facts - 80% of america say they are christians. ok, welll 98% of people in american prisons are christians. atheists in prison = 0.2% compared to 7% in the general population.
People can´t interpretate the Bible word by word. It has a context. They are stories someone wrote centuries ago. People had no answers for natural events....

Most of the people that claim being religious are not.

ACRon

Most of the people that claim being religious are not.
Exactly, Its about fear and manipulation.

George Bush

"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God."

says it all - fall in line, or your a foreigner

ACRon

You too maria, just to clarify, love is a product of human nature based on shared ideas. I just feel that were forced to do it in a certain way that makes us hate each other. it could be avoided without wiping out religions who pray to a different entity. fascist lying hypocritical sheep. Let love rule, if you need it. not a scripture of ancient myth, love for human biengs who live and breath. A living person who can talk directly to you.

But since we can't all get along with that shared idea. And we choose to scare, intimidate and mock anyone who doesn't. I despise the religions that inniciate its principles. Love was here before they wrote any 'sacred document' and started raping choir boys and girls. Love is a double edged sword, lets just say Im no hamster running a wheel. Atheism, bliss.

Last edited by a moderator:

claycad

I understand the comfort faith brings to so many people, but if they didn't have god to fear in the first place they wouldn't need protecting from him.
Amen on that

I wouldn't consider myself an atheist. I believe some mystical force had a hand in the creation of the universe, call it god or whatever you want. But I don't believe in an afterlife, and I don't put faith in god or anything else other then the compassion of other human beings.

If a person feels they need to put faith in a god to have compassion towards one another, great. But me, I feel I am just as compassionate towards other human beings as most people who claim they are Christian are, and it isn't a belief in god or an afterlife that makes me that way.

I believe that religious texts were created to keep people in line...to put the fear of god into people. I was taught to believe the stories of the Bible growing up, and I suppose that is what I believed only because that is what I was taught to believe. Now I believe that there is a lot of things wrong with the Bible. The Bible does have many good teachings, but also has some pretty disturbing things that I strongly disagree with, and I think most people who claim to be Christians probably haven’t read the Bible in its entirety and interpreted some of the things it is saying. Maybe I am the one interpreting it wrong, I'm not trying to start a religious debate, just stating an opinion.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that I don't feel people needs religion to make them a good person. Faith in god isn't what makes people compassionate towards one another. An atheist can be just as compassionate and caring towards others as any person of faith.

Pretty much what babyface said about love being a product of human nature, not god.

Tahiti

I was born up into a christian family, so naturally I attended church, listened to sermons, learned the ten commandments, all that stuff, so it's hard for me to believe that there is no God. It's impossible for me to think that. But I stopped going to church about a year ago. But now I'm thinking about going back, but I still have MANY, MANY, MANY FUCKING QUESTIONS THAT I NEED ANSWERS TO.

Like, WHY DID YOU CREATE THE WHOLE FUCKING UNIVERSE, WHY DID YOU CREATE SATAN, CREATE HUMAN BEINGS, IF YOU ALREADY KNEW EVERYTHING WOULD BECOME CORRUPT?

And, I can't help but think, if there was no Hell, or no punishment afterwards, then nobody would give a shit about God. I mean, come on, face it, literally god is like the pimp with the gun pressed on the side of your head saying, "If you don't love me, bitch, then Ima kill you and send you down ta Heeeeeellll. Well, you don't have to love me and follow me, but I just want you to know that if you don't then Ima send you to Hell. Oh, but of course, if you DO follow me, then you get to be pain-free in Heaven. SO which do you choose?"

Which one will you choose? Iono about you but I don't want to spend eternity burning in a lake of fire. So all you people saying that god isn't coercing people into following him, well, I think you guys are wrong. Just what kind of option is that? If he put a less severe option then a lot of people just won't bother following him. It makes me sick to my stomache. I don't see him as an all-loving father. I see him as a tyrancial, overly zeolous, cruel alpha-omega- all dominating other-worldly power.

Entropy

Religion is a form of insanity worse then my constant suicidal tendancies hahaha...

Anyway alot of people are with you, when god doesn't deliver us from world war 3 or allah or whatever or haely bop, there may be some peolple left that are cool and somewhat logical and reasonable.

Entropy

I would also like to add... even though there may not be a god.

That doesn't mean there isnt some intrinsic right and wrong and that people can't do good by eachother...

But for me its always hope that the good we try to accomplish comes from the heart.

Personally I hate organized religion. Everyone needs help in their own way and if religion is it, go for it. But the catholic church saying they are "the one true church" is bullshit. There is no "true church/faith". It's all up to you to believe what you want to.

N

non_existence

I've always hated religions too, especially since my parents always forced me to go to church with them against my will. When they asked me why I don't believe in their God I always gave them this analogy: for me to believe in your God would be just as hard as for you to believe in Santa Claus.

But they're so locked into their own brainwashing that they can't see anything from anyone else's perspective.

Personally I hate organized religion. Everyone needs help in their own way and if religion is it, go for it. But the catholic church saying they are "the one true church" is bullshit. There is no "true church/faith". It's all up to you to believe what you want to.

ACRon

I heard god is an alien and jesus was a hybrid

lol
Sounds like you've been hanging around with the scientology crowd. lol

I don't believe for a second there is a god in the sky or theres a divine creator. we as humans have to be accountable for ourselves, my beef with religion is just that we have no choice and I feel that the church holds far too much importance in todays society as opposed to science.

All scientology is doing is cashing in on anybody that sees how religion has controlled emotional bias since the dawn of man. The story of Scientology reflects every bog standard athiest vision that every human can see if they just opened there minds to the facts.

Its religions like these that further hold back the development of man. Anybody who is born into the influence of religion is already dead, including me. You've excepted Jesus into your life from the moment your born where Im from, the moment your slapped on the ass and your free from the confinds of the womb.

Thats why Scientologists children have silent births, In order to keep pure the emotion of the child and not striking fear into its heart from the moment it is born. Ive been born into my cultures faith and it makes me think, I can't avoid it.

ps. Im not promoting scientology in the slightest, its an evil cult :mad: used to drain money from people who can't afford it by telling them things they could work out for themselves:mad: . Shame on you scientology

R

reborn1961

I believe in God and Jesus. If you don't believe in a higher power than don't blame that power for your problems. If there is no God than your problems must be all your own and the only help is from yourself.......right?????

Depressed/suicidal folks tend to lash out and blame religion and parents and society for their mental condition. Yes outside forces can cause trauma and affect your life but you also play a part and have to be accountable.

If you have no faith than find faith inside you and use that strengh to continue life. Its always easier to blame others (even God) than to take a real deep look inside yourself. Good luck.

ACRon

I don't believe for a second there is a god in the sky or theres a divine creator. we as humans have to be accountable for ourselves, my beef with religion is just that we have no choice and I feel that the church holds far too much importance in todays society as opposed to science.
Re-read what I said and <Mod Edit: Abacus21 - do not insult other members>. Open your mind and you will see that your god and your Jesus won't answer all your problems. If your so spiritually sound you wouldn't be hanging out here.

Condescend me all you like but don't even think about telling me how to analyse my own soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00