Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Pink Teardrops, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Pink Teardrops

Pink Teardrops Well-Known Member

Sometimes we join crowds and feel like we're safe. We try to blend in with the hopes of being accepted for who we are and how we are. What is not expected is that some of them find that one little thing about you and eventually use it against you. I won't deny that I hide many things about me. I do it with good reason; yet I force myself to come out of my shell because reclusive behavior can only jar me. I could never sit here and suggest that I am in any way of perfect form:

I don't believe that anybody stops to realize how damaging it can be to ridicule somebody for their affliction. To make a public joke out of something that somebody is suffering from is selfish, cold, and unjust. There are things about each and every single one of us that can not be helped.

Imagine if you will; somebody publicly bantering a man for being in a wheelchair. I personally find no humor in individual short-comings. It is disgusting, degrading, and painful. Those who choose to sit in cliques and laugh at the expense of others need to take a step back and look in the mirror. I am sure there is something about them which could be thrown out to the wolves, and it really should happen to them so that they see just how shitty it really feels.

How can we, as people group together so selfishly and tear somebody apart for no good reason?

Does it comfort you to kick somebody down to a shimmering film of tears for self amusement? All of you question why people break one day and do the awful things that they do. You question why some start closing themselves away from larger groups. You ask your questions and you repeat, and repeat, and repeat and yet the answer is right there.

You can only humiliate someone enough before they lose grip! How long do you think it could go on before that person you humiliate decidedly retaliates?

What is so wrong with accepting each others differences? Why must we shove the one black piece amid all of the white pieces into this room of banter! How could you? Don't you think they're tortured enough—it is rather selfish of you to bank in on their pain.

This world is so full of hate, and pain. They rage wars, they argue about Gods, they condone genocide and here we all are (we should be grouping together in times like this) ripping each other to shreds to appease ourselves. How could you?

So do the laughs die when one, such as I, run?

I've had people question me as to how I could use the escape route that I do. How could I knowing that I am making myself sick, and killing me. Here is the real answer: I am tired of being felt as if I am alone. I am tired of wiping those tears from myself because the rest of you chose to pick at me until I bled, over my fucking differences. If you think you're funny? Good for you. My only hope is that one day it happens to you, too.

To those whom I thought were friends: Thanks for showing me how right I really am about absolutely nobody accepting me.

To myself: Fuck them all, I will not give in because of their hatred, and their self-gratification.
  2. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Very powerful post. It reminds me of a poem I wrote last month. Really the chaotic world we live in is terrible at times. I wish we could embrace the differences of one another, rather than getting into this "us and them" thinking that has existed for so long. People are people, whether happy or sad, schizophrenic or bipolar, black or white, gay or straight, Christian or Muslim or Jewish or Agnostic or whatever. Also, we can never fully understand somebody's story until we allow ourselves to become that person or at least imagine what it must be like for them.
    For example, my husband criticizes my behavior at times and is not always sensitive to my down times, but he will never know what it is like to be me. I'm an only child and not close to the family I do have while he has many siblings and loves to be around them and his extended family. I no longer have friends. I never had many girlfriends and my only friends were male, but now that I'm married, I no longer feel comfortable communicating with old male friends even if it was only platonic. My husband will never understand my loneliness, but he uses it against me and will tell me I'm sick or crazy sometimes. Lately, he loses his temper in fights. Why can't people, including him and my mother accept me for who I am and be patient with me even on days I am not feeling good? This is just how people are.
    I could never laugh at somebody or call them a name for a situation that makes them different or they can't entirely control. Wow. To make fun of a man in a wheelchair is beyond low though. Really, there are so many bullies in the world.
  3. Pink Teardrops

Your husband sounds like a complete jerk.. and obviously has no idea of what he has or how lucky he is. :(

I'm so tired of people. So fucking tired.

I think i am just.. done.

4. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

Great post, I feel like I can relate to you on a few different levels.

This world can be very cold...

An example is an in group bias. People will find a reason no matter how insignificant to prove why their group is superior this will improve their self esteem.

Basically being cruel, mean and judgmental improves their self esteem.
  5. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot hun. Hope you are feeling better today. If you have want to chat, PM me.
  6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I don't understand either why people can be so mean, like hurting others make them feel better...

strangely enough, I must be the odd ball because I feel better when others around me are happy or get something good...I relish in the fact that they made it...and it gives me hope that I too can make it...it never even crossed my mind to hurt them for my self comfort...I just don't get it...
  7. Pink Teardrops

"Basically being cruel, mean and judgmental improves their self esteem"

yep.. that seems to be the sad truth or.. peole just don't give a fuck and have forgotten what a conscience is.