1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rape, Domestic Violence, Court Case And PTSD

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by catty7618, Jan 24, 2018.

1. catty7618

catty7618 As You Fall I Will Rise

Okay where do I start......I've never really talked fully about what happened to me so here goes.
    I met my ex boyfriend when I've was 16 and we dated for a while till I ended it he was sweet kind and a gentleman.
    Years went by till I seen him again and we decided to try again. At this time I already had my 1st son he was only 2 months old at the time.
    Things where great at the start then he started to change bullying me when his mates where there I thought it was him just showing off. God how I was wrong. For 9 months he started hitting me till I was out cold then would rape me this was every night until a friend seen him attac me in the street. Before I had the chance to run he hurt my little boy that night still gives me nightmares I didn' think I would live but hearing my son scream gave me the strength to grab him and run to the first person I seen. Little did I know what a mess my body was. 13 broken bones ripped clothing.
    Almost 7 years later the police are investigating him and the PTSD had has come back stronger than ever. Everyday I will fight the monster and I will never let him win he destroyed me once I will not let him do it again.
    Thank you for reading my story. Always Remember There Is Light In the Darkness

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi @catty7618 You are so brave to share your story with us. I applaud you for that, talking will probably help.

You are also so very brave to be fighting this 7 years on, he hasn't destroyed you, he has made you into the strongest person he never thought possible :)

You're a fighter, you have to keep going for your little boy that needs you so dearly.

I am glad the police are investigating him, well done for fighting this battle not just for you but for your little boy too.

PTSD is a nightmare, it truly is. But you're a fighter and you will see past those flashbacks :) You will get better and recover and you're absolutely right, there is light in te darkness and a positive in every negative.

Fighter. Courageous. Brave. All those words describe you. Thanks for sharing your unfortunate experiences.

Best wishes :)

3. catty7618

Thank you for your kind words
    I believe in fighting this battle for the justice for me and my son. I have moved on with my life having more children and getting married but I believe he doesn't deserve to be allowed to walk free for what he has done. My biggest fear is that he would do it again but the next girl wouldn' be so lucky.

4. Ash600

Ash600 SF Creative SF Supporter

Thoughts are with you,
    Best wishes.

5. Coleslaw124

Coleslaw124 Active Member

You are very strong. Your boy is lucky to have a warrior mom

6. catty7618

Thank you

7. catty7618

Thank you. I try my best for all my children

8. Sand and Sun

Sand and Sun SF Supporter

Catty, how awesomely courageous you are. God bless you. I have a friend with PTSD linked to sexual abuse. What proved beneficial was a technique called EMDR. This technique gave her great relief. Google it if you haven’t heard of it. Stay strong-)

9. catty7618

Thank you I will definitely try that it might help with my flashbacks

10. littlelucy

littlelucy Well-Known Member

Our justice system is such a joke. I hope something finally happens to him. That sucks that 7 years later they are dragging you through shit. It would have been nice if they would have done the right thing the first time.

11. catty7618

He was very cunning and was a charmer so the first officer was fooled by him till he was heard bragging about it to a family member (I have only just found that out today). So far it has taken over a year to get the case together and cps are still making there minds up to take it to court or not

12. Peacebwu

Peacebwu Member

I am so glad you are sharing your story! It’s through other people hearing our story, sharing their story and loving each other through the hard times we find healing! I am so sorry you went through that! You are a very strong woman and I’m so glad you got out of that situation! It’s amazing what strength we can find to fight a battle we must for our kids. You must be a very good momma. I trust you have looked into some therapy for PTSD? I am currently looking into a trauma academy that works with neuro feedback. They have found people that have been in therapy for years are getting results, healing and freedom in a few months. I’m excited to give it a try for my daughter who has ptsd. I’ll be next if they begin to take my insurance. I have gone through DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) and I loved it. It taught me skills to help me deal with stress and pain. I love a therapy that gives me practical things to walk away with. I am sorry that man turned into dark man! I hope you find some healing in some justice and find a way to heal out of the ptsd. You and your son deserve so many beautiful loving moments! This never should have happened to you! You are an amazing woman! Amazing mom!