Rape dream brought up bad memories :(

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Breathe, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

Dreamt i was raped, proberly the worst dream a girl can have, for me its brought up some bad memories of sexual assualt and harrasment over the few years.

From my old college egineering lecturer who brushed his hands across my ass or got to close when showing me how to use a machine to the guy who pinned me agaisnt a wall and started to abuse my body with his hands :sad: and many more.

I thought i had put away these memories. I didnt think they affected me. So i just buried those memories and didnt think about them... but now i'm lying in bed, covered by my quilt frightened and with those memories only running through my head.

I want to text my boyfriend, he is one of the few people who knows whats happened to me. I want him, i need him to tell me everything is okay. I dont know why but i just need to hear that off him and it will be better :sad: but i dont want to seem weak, a girl who cowers under memories :sad: i just... dont know what to do. I suppose i can repress them to go through today but they will just be waiting for me tonight.

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

A few years ago I was in a similar situation to yourself. Every night I was having dreams about rape & assault, they were very disturbing & it got to the point where I no longer wanted to sleep for fear of the nightmares that would follow.

When I started seeing my psychologist about a year after the nightmares started, she told me that they were due to me not dealing with past experiences. I thought I had addressed them but I hadn't, all I'd done was bury them in my head & tried to forget.

Have you ever spoke about what happened to you? In my experience if you haven't then the nightmares will just continue, the nightmares is your subconscious telling you that you have to deal with these past experiences & not just suppress them.

:hug:

3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

its clearly you have Posttraumatic stress disorder(PTSD) i advice to talk with your dr./therapist.
    take care :hug: