Rape nightmare :(

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Lonely26, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonely26

Lonely26 Member

Last night I dreamt I was walking with no clear destination when out of nowhere I here a scream. I see a little girl about to be assaulted.
    I run towards her and fight off the guy enough do that the little girl can run away. Now the man is trying to sexually assult me but i don't fight back anymore. I stay there not trying to escape. All I do is focus on the little girl who got away and watch her run to safety. Then I wake up in a cold sweat feeling extremely scared
  2. Samara

Samara Account Closed

Could this dream be a manifestation of something similar that you have gone through in the past? Could the little girl represent a part of you that you are protecting (your inner child self, or a younger self), when you let her leave, and take over as a motionless adult, in her place, so she doesn't have to be hurt?

Could this be why you "did nothing" in the dream, because perhaps both you and this girl are actually the same person?

Perhaps someone in your past was trying to hurt the little girl, the younger you. Perhaps she was being attacked, and no one was there to save her. Perhaps her only comfort was herself, or to make herself into this more "adult" person, even as a child, to protect her innocence and to protect her very fragile existence?

It could be that she was able to remove herself away, and run off somewhere else; but still be there in body. That she is capable of mentally escaping sometimes, even if physically she is still stuck in harsh circumstances?

Perhaps the child that ran off, represents the idea that you remove yourself emotionally and mentally from traumatizing situations, but still remain physically at times.

Perhaps still being there, and not "fighting off" this man in the dream, doesn't mean that you were not fighting at all... because you clearly said you fought him, to at least let the girl go... but perhaps you did what you could, and had no more left in you to get away emotionally after that.

It could also be suggesting that deep down inside, you know that you are capable of getting away, and you need to remind yourself of that. Instead of just retreating away emotionally, and hiding inside, and protecting that little girl etc.... by being cold and lifeless on the outside; that perhaps you can get away too, all parts of you, together.

I suspect this dream may mean a lot to you, if you were to think about it more deeply than just what the dream was initially about. I suspect the dream is about a lot more than what it appears to be.

Just some food for thought. :hug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.