Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by troubledprincess, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troubledprincess

troubledprincess Well-Known Member

July last year i was going out with this boy for 4 days but had known him before that but he cam back to mine we where cuddling on the sofa when he started to take it to far when i said no he carried on when he had finished my mum turned up and he left but he was texting me saying he loved me and so on the next day when i have college i told my friend and we got the police invoved and told the college as he also gose to the college so as the police took statments and spoke to him the police phoned me in december to say that they where not taking it any further which really upset me to know he had got away with it now he can round the college like nothing ever happened but my teacher said to me last week that i really need to get over myself and move on im trying but when i have night mares and flash backs its really hard do u think my teacher was right to say that to me
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think your teacher is an ass and needs to be reported for saying such things You let go of those words okay and you now focus on getting you some therapy to heal He will get back what is coming to him ten fold i believe that one day he will suffer. Right now hun you need to take care of you okay go to your doctor and get referral for therapy hugs
  3. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I'm not so sure that the teacher was entirely in the wrong to say that-- sometimes therapy can actually make you feel worse and even though it was traumatic and it's awful that the guy is going to get away with it, sometimes when you dwell on these things it just makes them worse. He or she might have meant well and not fully understood what you're going through. Personally, I wouldn't have gone to my teacher with something like this because they're not always capable of handling it, even though they still feel a responsibility towards their students and have only the best intentions.

But if you're having nightmares and flashbacks and they keep getting worse, then you should probably see a professional…
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.