Rapid Response Team, some advice please

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Tak, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tak

Tak Active Member

Hey all

After a little bit of advice, I think, went to see my doctor today and told her of my self harm, she has now got in touch with the Rapid Response Team and says that a psychiatric nurse will phone me, looking for anyone else that has been through this to let me know whats gonna happen really.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone

2. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

Seems like I've heard of that before. Not sure what it is though. I would advise that when they do call, for you to remain calm and think before you speak. I went to a local therapist/doctor's office. I told them I had visions of killing myself. Next thing I knew, I was in cuffs on the way to a state mental hospital.
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

well mine wasn't over cutting but taking a handfull on pain killers when i was down, i told my doctor this and he god me an appointment with a psycholigist, i think i depends really on the urgency and the problem, what happened with me is im being assesed to see if 'counselling' (if thats what you wanna call, load of BS to me) will help me, or a mixture of meds and couselling (even tho im not on meds yet)

The first session would be to asses the situation and what your going thru i supose just like what happened with me, hope everything works out fo ya

take care

vikki x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.