Razor Therapy.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by DreadlockPixi, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreadlockPixi

DreadlockPixi New Member

I self harm almost every single day using razor blades. I am making a total mess of my arms and they are extremely painful, but I feel that I can't stop doing it anymore.
    I have OCD, and I think that I have now developed an OCD with cutting, as well as it being my release for stress, and I'm getting deeper with every day that passes, and I'm scared that my social workers and psychiatrists will put me back into hospital if I carry on.
    The only thing now is I have this huge desire to take a substantial amount of tablets before I cut to numb my senses, and I know that I'm heading towards suicidal feelings as well.
    I can't explain how I feel very well, I just know that cutting myself and seeing the blood run down my arms makes me in some way feel more in touch with myself and less pent up. :(

2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Hi Pixi, i like your avatar. Yeah sh is quite addictive. If you have ocd and have started that with cutting that could get quite serious. You really want to stop this before it gets any worse then. I think this is something that you should tell your doctor. Your worried about going back to a hospital but if it saves your life... I think you have to have intent to hurt yourself or others to warrent them stepping in. If you just need help for the sh, go and let them know your not doing it to kill yourself, then they should have no reason to put you in a hospital.
    Please don't take any tablets chance's are you will just make things worse for yourself and give them reason to put you back in a hospital i would think. Takecare.

3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

This sums up my feelings too. I have OCD, and it does appear in my cutting - I have to cut in groups of five, or a multiple of five (which is weird, because my OCD usually forces me to go with even numbers).

Like you, I get deeper and deeper, but you have to tell someone and get help before this goes too far. It's good that you can recognise that it's getting bad, and I understand how scared you are of hospital, but don't let that stop you getting help.

I agree with Decode that the tablets will just make things worse, and also have the potential to cause all kinds of damage, directly or indirectly. Please tell someone about this and let them help you. You deserve to be helped, you don't need to fight this alone.

Mim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.