Re: Can't deal with the death of my dad

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by EllieEccentric, Mar 21, 2012.

1. EllieEccentric

EllieEccentric New Member

My Daddy was never supposed to make it to 50. He was really my step-dad, but he raised me. He was the only person I could depend on. When he was in the navy as a young man, he fueled airplanes. He got soaked in the fuel, which, at the time, contained harful chemicals. He became very sick. On November 17, 2011 my mother and I had to rush to Ohio from Alabama to see him. He was dying. He had been for a long time. He became unconscious late afternoon one November 19, 2011. The 20th was his birthday. He passed away just past noon on November 21, 2011. It was the day after his birthday. He regained consciousness moments before he died... My daddy died looking in my eyes. It's all I see when I close my eyes.. I barely sleep anymore. I'm only 15. I don't know how to handle this. He's never going to see me graduate. I'm never going to hear him say "I love you, pumpkin," ever again. I just want my daddy back..
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i moved your post so it could be on its own and others could reach out to you I am sorry you lost your father at such a young age. He woke up to see you one last time hun he died in peace knowing you were with him The thing is now he is still with you in your heart and he will always be there hun. Can you do something that would commemorate your dad perhaps plant a beautiful tree in his name He is watching over you hun and i hope in time your grief will turn to a time where you can remember your dad with happier times and not so much pain hugs
  3. Joshua2803

Joshua2803 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I did want to share something very encouraging with you. I know you talked about never being able to hear your dad say "I love you,pumpkin. But notice what hope the bible holds out.the Bible indicate that it is possible to be reunited with your dead loved one in the near future, not in an unknown heaven but right here on earth under peaceful, righteous conditions. And at that time humans will have the prospect of enjoying perfect health, and they will never have to die again. ‘But surely that is wishful thinking!’ some may say.
    To believe in a promise, you would need to be certain that the one making the promise is both willing and able to fulfill it. Who, then, is it that promises that the dead will live again?
    Jesus Christ boldly promised: “Just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes those alive whom he wants to. Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his [Jesus’] voice and come out.” (John 5:21, 28, 29) So, Jesus Christ promised that millions now dead will live again on this earth and have the prospect of remaining on it forever under peaceful, paradisaic conditions. So I hope this really does assure you that you can see your dad again, and even though you may be extremely sad now things will get better
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Honey Ellie.....bless you, and sorry for your dad's passing. I agree with Joshua that there is hope for the hereafter, and that this life is not all that there is, we are given real hope. I was not allowed to meet my father (for my own protection, according to my mum) - but I know that when this life is over I will be meeting him, because of God's promises. And that all can be forgiven - and seen as part of the tapestry of our lives. Your loss is too painful for you now, because it's so devastating to lose someone so close who had so much more to give and receive - but in time, although you can't believe it now, the pain will begin to heal - have faith honey and God bless you, You Are Precious.
  5. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Ellie - Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father. It's so hard to lose someone so young and so good. I'm 40 years older than you, and that's one of the things I still don't understand.

He carried several blessings with him, a special twinkle in his eyes, those little habit you never notice when someone is here , but you learn how much they meant now that they're gone. You'll carry his spirit and blessings with you as you travel, and those you meet will get a glimpse of him through you.