Re-intro from 2013

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Corey1221, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corey1221

Corey1221 Active Member

I joined here back in 2013 but never got involved much. I'm here because of have no clue where to turn:

-I do go to counseling
    -I was on Paroxetine until last month, my doctor helped me quit
    -I'm 29, live with my family because we have room & I help out my mom
    -No job because the ones I get (usually retail) involve managers getting me to quit because they do not like that I went to college or live in the nicer neighborhood here
    -I've got OCD involving physical contamination or equality of others touching things
    -Never got over my ex from 2012, I feel like I'm going to die every night because of how much I regret the little time we had
    -I feel like everything I love is getting contaminated by people I do not like or my family which I do love but for other reasons
    -I wanted to go into law enforcement (my degree is in criminal justice) but nobody is hiring people without experience
    -My mom is trying to get me to move up to North Dakota to find work, I was depressed there before because of the isolation/drastic lifestyle changes

I'm sorry if this is too much to understand, please be gentle right now. I'm going to my counselor on the 14th but need relief until then. I'm not tough enough to end my life, nor do I want to. I've been praying from 9/13 for God to give me 2nd chances or let me redo the frequent moment here or there I cannot move past & I've given money to the church to try to buy redemption. For the past year I felt like I was going to get my prayers come to pass, but with nothing happening I'm losing everything.

I'd like not only to find peace here, but to help others like I was before on the OCD boards I frequented.

Thanks for taking the moment to greet me!
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello corey and welcome back to the forum. You've sure come to the right place for support and peace and respect and advice :)

Is the appointment with the therapist, a new therapist? Or have you been seeing the T for a while?
    How is your OCD these days, how is it affecting you?
    You have been though so much and I am sorry about your relationship breakdown, hopefully you can come to terms with it through therapy.

I am online here every single day so don't hesitate to PM me if needed!!
  3. Clementine

Clementine Well-Known Member

Well first off, welcome to sf! :hug1: I'm really sorry to hear how much you are struggling. A lot of the members here are dealing with similar things, like OCD and looking for a job. Come into chat sometime, everyone would be more than happy to listen and give support!
  4. Chadley

Chadley Member

welcome to SF Corey, I am sorry to hear that you are going through such a tough time right now. There are alot of really nice people here and I really hope you manage to find the help and support you are looking for here! hope to see you around!
  5. Corey1221

Corey1221 Active Member

Thanks everyone, it means the world right now just to get it out. Tough talking with my family cause it'll worry them & they're tired of it. My therapist is one I've been going to here or there from the last two years. I'm going to pop in to greet other people here right now, thanks for the kind words.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You're so very welcome, i'm glad talking is helping you, you deserve that at least :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.