Reaching out!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ljt, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering with depression, anxiety and suicidle thoughts for some time. I have posted a couple of times on these forums and the advice has been good and helpful. I am considering making contact with a welfare group through my work but I an worried that my work will find out and that would be good.

I know it's got potential to help me I hope but I keep saying I will call tomorrow etc.. And I never do. Should I take the chance of my work finding out or leave contacting them? I know if does say it's confidential but I don't really trust them very much.

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello. I think you should do what is best for you. If it says it's confidential then it is. My husbands work also offers these benefits. If he were to come to me with this question ;I would give him the same answer. Everyone is dealing with something at some point. It's unrealistic to say or think otherwise. Don't be ashamed. :hug:

3. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Confidentil will be fine. But they will have to cover themselves by saying to you something like....we will not disclose anything unless we feel there is potential risk to someone or yourself or if an illegal act has been or may be commited.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

i think fear ( from one thing or anohter) keeps people from getting help that would benefit us and help the healing process.

Of course I do not know for sure if what you say will be confidential. Perhaps you can ask for a consultation before filling out intake forms. Get a sense of the person and the authenticity of the level of confidentiality.

Sometimes we do have to take a risk to get the help we need. Otherwise fear will keep us stuck in pain. Thats my opinion for what its worth.

5. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks.

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

great. I am hoping for the best for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.