Reaching out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sawl, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sawl

Sawl Member

This is not like me. I don't reach out or talk to people. I keep things bottled up, but obviously it's not working for me.

I need help. I need someone to talk to. I can't deal with this anymore. Suicide is the only thing I can think of that would ease my pain, but I don't want to die. I just want to feel better but I don't have the strength. I can't cope.

I'm all out of ideas. What should I do?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there Sawl! I have approved your post and an admin will approve your account soon :)

I am sorry to hear you're feeling so down! What is going on in your life to make you feel in so much pain and distress? Talking here and opening up might help.

3. Sawl

Sawl Member

If only there was something going on that could explain why I feel this way.. I guess I just feel more lonely today than I usually do. Loneliness is by far the worst feeling I know, and I almost always feel lonely even when I'm not alone. I've tried so hard to fill this emptiness with something but I always fall short because I know that this feeling will come back sooner or later. It's useless to even try.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

WEll good for you hun reaching out talking to us here Continue to talk to us ok so we can help you If you are going to harm yourself talk to your doc ok who will help you as well get some treatment plan in place

5. Sawl

Sawl Member

I'm contemplating calling the psychiatric emergency team at my local hospital but I don't know if I should even bother. I've had contact with them before and similar at other hospitals where I've lived and I know what is going to happen. They are going to say that they will help me and then they are just going to let me wait for months and months. They always seem to forget about me. I'm not important.

6. Empoisonner

Empoisonner Member

I would say just schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist.

If you ever need someone to talk to I am right here :)

As the others have done. welcome to SF, I hope you stick around.

7. arien416

arien416 New Member

To fell beter you must do something, (concentrate on something else than pain) try to play games or do something in garden (grow something maybe) or go to forrest or lake, or sport but stop sitting home and depressing.. Even if its hard try it... or buy a dog (animals helping a lot) !

8. Sawl

Sawl Member

Thank you for the replies. I'm feeling better now, or just numb I guess but it's definitely better than earlier.

I'm going to schedule an appointment and try to get some help. It just feels so hopeless from time to time since I know how it all goes. There's so much waiting and uncertainty. But I'm going to put my fears aside and at least give someone a chance to help me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.