Reacting violently to taunting, bullying, harrassment & teasing

Is reacting violently a justifiable reaction?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaos

If someone is -or a group of people are- deliberately angering you at work on a frequent basis, do you think that being violent is a justifiable reaction?

Why? Or why not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xaos

IF YOU'RE GOING TO RESPOND, RESPOND IN THE OTHER ONE, THANKS!

Can this thread be locked please?

Accidentally made this one without the poll!

shades

Staff Alumni
It may be a "fair" reaction, but may get one in trouble with management.

And of course that is what the intention of the bully's is...to get the individual so angry that they have a violent reaction. But, I would suggest ignoring them if possible, and if it continues to go to management.

Nobody likes to have to go the management and tell them what has been happening, but if that is the only recourse, what else can you do. I guess the first option would be to approach one of them individually and tell them that it is enough already. But this usually does not work.

Then, a letter to management is the only option. You could make it generic and anonymous. Something to the effect of, "It has come to my attention that there is a fair amount of bullying going on at the office". They should
then post a notice as a reminder that this type of behavious cannot be tolerated.

I believe it is illegal for management to allow it to continue as lawsuits can be filed because of it.

If it is you that is having this problem I'd be happy to discuss it with you privately as well via pm. Feel free to message me and maybe we can go over the details.

Good luck and take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00