Read Session Notes - Feeling hopeless

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by canucklady, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canucklady

canucklady Active Member

I asked for copies of session notes because insurance denied std claim. So I am debating whether or not to hire a lawyer to fight it. Just seems so exhausting at the moment.

Anyway, lawyer said she would need session notes, so I got copies yesterday.

Reading them made me sad. I don't remember many parts of session, I knew that already, but didn't realize how much I don't remember.

Plus to see all the dx in writing, just seems so overwhelming...Complex PTSD, ED, Major Depression with anxiety, depersonalization.

So much to work on, yet doesnt seem like am making any progress. Might not have been such a good idea to read notes on my own.
  2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I'm low on words and energy at the moment

just wanted to give some moral support
  3. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Sometimes diagnoses get us in a whirl. But try not to be overwhelmed by them. The doctors need to put labels on us for insurance purposes.

Its all about what your treatment team and you are doing to make you feel better, in my opinion, and not the diagnoses.

As far as fighting for disability, as that is what I am assuming you are trying, please don't give up. It is daunting, but if we are at a point where we can't work, and need time to concentrate on getting better, its worth it to fight.

We are here to support you however we can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.