Ready to go

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Thorn_bird, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorn_bird

Thorn_bird Member

Hi everyone-although I'm a relatively new member and haven't posted much outside of the introduction thread, I want you to know that I've been truly touched by the support I've found on this site. It means the world to me, truly.

In addition to the bankruptcy I'm going through, I just got a notice in the mail that I'm being charged with check fraud. I never, ever imagine that I would end up a criminal and while I know I have no one to blame but myself I can't live with the guilt and shame. All I do is hurt my family and this is the final straw that has strengthened my resolve. And strangely enough, for the first time in years I feel at peace. No more pain, no more tears, guilt, or sleepless nights. I know my family will miss me but this is truly for the best. At least they will get my life insurance policy. Only a few more days and then I'm free...

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Please reconsider. Saying your family will miss you is putting it mildly. We have many members here who have lost family members to suicide, and I'm sure they can tell you that it's a pain that doesn't go away. Please reach out, let someone know how you're feeling and what you're thinking.

3. Thorn_bird

Thorn_bird Member

I hate to hurt my family and I know they love me, and I them, but this is the only way out. Yes, it's cowardly of me but I've been fighting depression for 15 years. I have nothing left to fight with anymore.

4. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Thorn-bird,
    I am so sorry you're going through this, many people have to declare bankruptcy. Are you able to get legal advice regarding the fraud, can your depression be taken into account. Tell your family, I am sure will forgive you. You will recover in time, you have shown you are sorry and remorseful. I wish I could help more. You were in bad times, that does not make you a bad person.
    Take care
    Kate

5. EdenZero

EdenZero New Member

It is not the only way, dear. Commiting suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and in this case, there are other avenues. The case can be sorted out, but once you take your life, you won't be able to undo that mistake. It's tough to see with that mindset, but your family is there for you. They care for you, and, from what I can tell, you care for them. Please, don't make your family endure that pain, okay? They don't need to.

Please, please, please calm down and call a hotline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.