Ready to hurt...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Will, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will Staff Alumni

It's been so long. I haven't hit myself, cut myself, or anything for af ew months now. It's almost strange, I can be in an ok mood, and then when I think about SH, it still gives me a slightly craving. I haven't been able to SH yet, but gotten dangerously close. I'm tempted to try burning, but I hear the marks they leave stay longer then any other...
  2. helena

helena Staff Alumni

I want to ask to NOT do it... you said it yourself, you haven't done it for so long.I don't really know much about SH, I think I sometimes don't even understand why people do it :shy:,I normally don't even come to this section :shy: I find it sometimes too painfull. but I'm not in any way judgemental, and try to see things on the other persons point of view.... but, you might have had a good reason to stop, I could think of a lot of good reasons to why focus on it again? I can understand the crave, I'm a smoker, tried to stop often enough and I guess SH its a kind of addiction too...but please, stay strong, think about how less you have to worry about what you wear, or people that care for you worry if they see scars, I don't know, I guess I could name a big amount of reasons for not doing it. I hope you can find other ways to relieve the pressure, as you have been so courageous to stop with it.
    It's just my opinion, based on the sadness I feel when thinking of people hurting themselves while mostly they're suffering so much allready.
    Take good care of you,
  3. zbucket

zbucket Member

Nope they all last just as long as eachother, ie for the rest of your life.
  4. Come What(Ever) May

Come What(Ever) May Well-Known Member

minor burn scars dont last too long. Couple years ago my arm had a run in with a rack in the stove while making pizza. The scar only lasted a few months.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.