Ready to hurt...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Will, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will Staff Alumni

It's been so long. I haven't hit myself, cut myself, or anything for af ew months now. It's almost strange, I can be in an ok mood, and then when I think about SH, it still gives me a slightly craving. I haven't been able to SH yet, but gotten dangerously close. I'm tempted to try burning, but I hear the marks they leave stay longer then any other...

2. helena

helena Staff Alumni

I want to ask to NOT do it... you said it yourself, you haven't done it for so long.I don't really know much about SH, I think I sometimes don't even understand why people do it :shy:,I normally don't even come to this section :shy: I find it sometimes too painfull. but I'm not in any way judgemental, and try to see things on the other persons point of view.... but, you might have had a good reason to stop, I could think of a lot of good reasons to stop...so why focus on it again? I can understand the crave, I'm a smoker, tried to stop often enough and I guess SH its a kind of addiction too...but please, stay strong, think about how less you have to worry about what you wear, or people that care for you worry if they see scars, I don't know, I guess I could name a big amount of reasons for not doing it. I hope you can find other ways to relieve the pressure, as you have been so courageous to stop with it.
    It's just my opinion, based on the sadness I feel when thinking of people hurting themselves while mostly they're suffering so much allready.
    Take good care of you,
    :hug:
    helena

3. zbucket

zbucket Member

Nope they all last just as long as eachother, ie for the rest of your life.

4. Come What(Ever) May

Come What(Ever) May Well-Known Member

minor burn scars dont last too long. Couple years ago my arm had a run in with a rack in the stove while making pizza. The scar only lasted a few months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.