Real??

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by freewill, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freewill

freewill Member

Hi
    OK, so before I tell you what my issue is, let me give you a bit of background. I'm 25 and have BPD. I had a psychotic episode about 12 months ago where I was convinced that there were people living in my walls.

For the last month or so, I've been convinced that there are some people trying to hurt me. It all started one night while I was watching TV. White noise kept flashing, and I could hear this evil, sinister laugh. There was a storm at the time, so I put it down to bad reception, but it keeps happening. I can't use the search engine online because instead of listing various websites, it comes up with stuff like "we're watching you" and other threatening type messages.

When I'm in bed, I can hear a male voice outside my window, but I can;t understand what he's saying.

There always seem to be strange cars driving up and down my street.

A couple of nights ago when I was in bed, I thought I saw a figure walk past my bedroom door. I put it down to lack of sleep, and closed my eyes. Some time later, I felt someone put something over my face and a needle in my arm, then there was this burning sensation, like when you brand cattle. That's all I remember. I woke up a couple of hours later, with no marks on my arm.

I'm sooo scared, too scared to sleep, or even turn the light on. I'm eating caffeine pills like lollies.

I don't know what to do :( I'm at the end of my rope.

2. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Oopssssss looks like you need to see your psi doctor and have your meds adjusted. You are in an episode... I guess you already knew it yet something was hoping to hear something else..... or be reassured yet you must face it hun. I know exactly how it feels (what you described) and that is life wrecking but with proper meds it can go away ...... so monday morning you know what to do...... call the psi office and make an apoiintment and tell him-her about this whole thing that is going on since...... well you know ..... tell everyting ok
    hope you feel better soon.
    good luck freewill and pls.
    be well and stay safe.

granny x

3. freewill

freewill Member

Thanks for replying :)

I've told my therapist the very basics of what's been happening, like hearing the voices under my window, and she was reall dismissive about it.

I haven't been on any form of medication since April, and she won't put me on any cos she believes people just use medication to hide behind.

I still don't know if this is real or not. Things feel different this time. I feel so alert, every nerve is tingling....

4. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Sorry to hear you haven't been helped with your therapist. Have you thought seeking second opinion? Personaly knowing i have had this problem in the past and been on meds I would directly change therapist; should I be in your shoes of course. I will never understand doctors therapist or whatever. Either they care and do what needs to be done conciously or they just dont and dont give a penny (holding back my tongue).. you know yourself as no one can hun so trust your instinct and do what needs to be done...... by her or another one.

Courage and don't let yourself go down... you'll find the help needed but need to act hun. Be strong!! I know it is not always easy but you must right now as help there is just have to walk toward it and reach it.

Be well and most......... STAY SAFE

huggles granny xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.