Realising you have BPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsJustARide

Before I start I want to see I have seen a professional, and waiting for an appointments to arrange CBT.

I'm not going into the ins and outs, the point is I've been through a lot recently and reflected a lot. To come to the conclusion that the only thing that resonates with the way I feel is BPD. Researching and reading into it over this time has answered questions about myself I've had my whole life. It brought a sense of relief I've never felt. I always thought my behaviour stemmed from childhood issues, and I guess it does. I have repressed so much if it, and as I get older I remember less and less.

Suicidal thoughts and depression is a way of life, and those blissful odd days I get where I'm not being attacked by my emotions is what I live for, but them days rarely existed and now do not.

I don't know what the point of this post is? Maybe someone has some advice on where I go with this... I feel a strange optimism deep inside but I am so angry when around other people. Everything is so conflicted but strangely makes sense.

It might help to get a formal diagnosis.

BPD generally fades over time, so that's something to be optimistic about

DBT is supposed to be the best treatment for BPD, so you might want to think about DBT

BlueHealingHeart

You'll get better over time. So don't think that you're a horrible person or anything.
I've met people who suffer with BPD and things are getting better for them.
Just focus on yourself right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00