Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Spearmint, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Realizations suck.
    I've come to realize that I push people away.
    I don't trust anyone.
    And anytime someone gets too close, I push them away, or do something very ridiculous.
    Anytime I think that someone cares about me, I push them away.
    It's a wonder that anyone talks to me still.
    There are those people who refuse to be pushed away, and I wonder why they don't just let me push them away.
    I hate myself, why shouldn't others hate me too?
    Why waste time on someone when you care more about them than they do themselves?
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

It's not you that physically pushes people away that care. It's the depression that's making you think you need to push people away. I can understand the trust issues and not confiding in people. I feel the same way at times. I know I say this all the time and we say it back and forth. You know where to find me if you find you really want to vent. :hug:
  3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I know how you feel hun :hug:

It's not a fault of your own; like Kells said, it's the depression that gives the illusion that pushing people away is the right thing to do.

I'm around if you wanna talk :hug:
  4. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Those people who refuse to be pushed away know what you're trying to do, is the thing.

And they won't let you because they care and want to be there for you :cool:
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

6. Spearmint

Thanks, guys. :hug:
  7. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

im afraid i dont really have any comforting words because i feel the same way (you explained it far better than i ever could hope to!).

i dont think you should hate yourself for what you feel like you are doing though
  8. Spearmint

Sorry you know the feeling. :hug: