Realizations and changes for the positive

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by brokenandlonely, Apr 18, 2010.

1. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

I have been on this forum for quite a while, having the support from here has really helped me out. As I know everyone has their own issues and things that they go through that effects them negatively. Have we thought about all the positive things going on in our lives. These can be very minor things. Having a deep thinking session within my mind last night I have come up with a few things that I am going to make changes within myself for the positive in hopes that this will also help make positive change in my life. A few of the things that I am going to do to achieve this is the following:

First and foremost, I want to ensure that I have a close relationship with the ones that are close to me, that care about me, love me and are here to support me. As I am here for them as well and love them just as much.

I am also going to make sure that I go out everyday to slowly but surely get over the anxiety of being inside all the time and avoid isolating. This includes going for a walk and enjoying the outdoors. A half hour to an hour walk every day will help me also feel physically and emotionally better about myself.

One of the issues that I also have is negative thought, my mind drifting into negativity. I am going to try to surround myself with things that I cherish and enjoy doing as this will help keep my mind off anything negative.

The next one is a maybe as it is still in the thought process but I am thinking of possibly going back to school as I am unemployed at the current moment and possibly getting my masters degree or another bachelors in something different than what I have at the moment. I was thinking of doing psychology as I am a great listener, love helping people and give great advice. I know that a few that are reading this can agree with that as well.

I have to also get back to doing something that I enjoy and one thing that I am sure most of you didn't know about me is that I love taking photos of nature! Yes, I just find it very peaceful. I am thinking of taking my camera with me on walks and taking pictures of any scenery that I find to captivate me at the current moment. Who knows, maybe I can make that into a career one day?

These are all things that I have been thinking about that can help bring forth the positive feeling in my life and can help get me back on track. Any feedback? Comments? Suggestions?

2. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Harry this is fantastic and im soooo glad that after everything we talked about the other night you are finally taking the first step.

We are sooo proud of you and love you very much.

I know your going to do great hunny its going to be hard, but we will help you through this. there will be up and down days but we have to lean on each other to hopefully get across that bridge.

Love you always and im sooooooooooo proud of you well done!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

3. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Start with the photography again if its something you enjoy hun! Good idea about going for a walk everyday also! :hug:

4. brokenandlonely

aww thank you Rachel and thank you Lucy. That means alot to me to hear the positive feedback and I'm hoping this is something that I can get all accomplished smoothly. I know we all have each other to lean on and I think we can all do things to bring positivity into our lives. We are all here for each other through the good times and bad but we will all find something that will bring the spark back into our lives. Love you both lots :hug:

5. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

good ideas harry :smile: im doing psychology in september :smile: you are an amzing listener and you do give very very very good advice :hug: its good that you are picking up on all the positive things, :yay: enjoy your walks, and good idea taking your camera with you!! keep up the hard work :hug:

6. brokenandlonely

Thanks maddy! That is actually very nice that you are studied psychology as well, I kind of regret not making that my major in the first place. But it's never too late, plenty of years left in me and I'm sure i'll be able to accomplish it once I put my mind to it. :) Just the other day, I went out for a walk and it helped bring up my mood so I know it's something that I enjoy. I think once I make these things a routine and incorporate them into my everyday life it will make it easier to do and I won't have any issues with motivation. :hug:

7. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Very proud of you, Harry :hug:

8. brokenandlonely

Thanks Est, wouldn't be able to do it without you guys. :hug: :wub:

9. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

That is fantastic!

I myself have resolved to work on being more positive too as well as getting out in the world-hard to complain about not having a life when I don't do anything to have one.

I love the idea of school and I think you ought to consider psychology as you are so caring and understanding.

Hey be sure to include me some of your outings..that was our deal, we are in this together right?

BTW if you are wanting to take some great pictures of nature you should come with me out to this horse ranch I visit. I was there today and it was so beautiful seeing the horses run in the fields. Also this is the time of year lots of foals are born so there are some really cute little ones to take pictures of. Just something for you to think about.

Well I support these effort 100% and if there is anything you need help with just let me know...now go kick some ass!!