Realizing how socially detached I am..

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Joshy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

So I got bored and reactivated my Facebook. Only to realize, I have no friends on there. That wasn't exactly new to me though..
    Then I decided to make a MySpace, but apparently I already had one. So I logged in on that. There was about 3 friends on there. But they don't get on anymore and they abandoned their accounts over 2 years ago.. So I have no friends on there either...
    Then I got on another site of mine I use to use called Chatango. Also no friends... Then I got on another old site called MakeoutClub. Also no friends and the site was shut down or something...

Now in real life I only have 1 best friend and 1 new girlfriend who I met from my best friend who knows her...

I just realized how lonely I am and how detached I am from society... Especially since I'm homeschooled and I don't know anyone...

2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Logging into MySpace is a great way to feel socially detached.

In all seriousness though, don't feel bad. I don't even have a Facebook. And if I did, my only friends on there would be people that I never even talk to. Like my wife. *bah dum tish*

Alright, alright, yes I am well aware that I have a lame sense of humor.

My only friends are people that I know online. I get along with a few of my coworkers, but we don't hang out outside of work or anything. Aside from my wife, I don't really talk to anyone in person. So you're not alone in being alone.

Chatango...? MakeoutClub...? Damn, I must be really out of the loop. Never even heard of those.

3. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

Those were actually sides from BEFORE Myspace. Old ass sites. :/

4. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Well I'm pretty damn old, but then I never got involved with the whole social networking thing. I guess I've always been kind of socially detached. Which isn't really so bad. You said you have a best friend and a girlfriend - hey, that's all you really need. Popularity is overrated. There was a time in my life when I had lots of "friends" - I use quotation marks because those people aren't real friends. There's nothing to be gained from being part of the "in" crowd. True friendship is measured by quality, not quantity.

5. Silently-Hated

Silently-Hated Well-Known Member

In all honesty I have no idea what half of those things are, I'm so shut out from the world cause of who I live with it's unreal. I have a Facebook but I only go on every few weeks and that's because I have nothing better to do. Other then that I have nothing... I only have a few 'real' friends

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I've deactivated my Facebook before, in fact I should now, since no one ever talks to me on there. I deleted MySpace after everyone moved to Facebook, and I'm not really on any other social networking websites. Except a penpal site, but I'm not sure if that counts as one. I don't really talk to anyone in general, so I can understand the feeling of being lonely. Don't feel bad about not having many friends on those sites--they are a bit overrated anyway.