Really didn't want to post here again

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mordeci, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

As far as suicidality has gone up until recently I have been very good, not just for my current living situation but in general I havn't had any thoughts of it in months until now. See I used to be in Law School and realized that I didn't want to be a lawyer, I finsihed my first year and left (I didn't even bother to see if I passed or not, and I could still care less now), I moved back home to take a year off and apply for my masters in political science, something I really thought I could excell in, even took the GRE yesterday without any stress and was hopful to get into a program by and start by August. But now I feel hopless, I have no money, no friends, I barley get out of the house and my original optimism is slowly fading, I always had a idea of how I would die and now I cant get it out of my head. I really am considering making it a reality I don't see why I shouldn't I am 25 and accomplished nothing.
  2. dragonfly70

dragonfly70 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're not feeling well right now. I hate it when the feelings and thoughts return. But then I try to remember that this has happened before, and I survived it, and things got better again.

It sounds to me like you have accomplished quite a bit. You've earned a Bachelor's degree of some sort and not only got into law school, but completed a year of it. This tells me that your undergrad gpa had to be pretty decent and there is a good chance that you will get into the graduate program of your choice. I know it may feel like you haven't done much given your age, but 25 is still young and I truly believe you have many opportunities waiting for you in this life. But you have to be here to enjoy them.

I noticed that you're in the Northeast. I'm assuming that's the Northeastern US? How do you typically do in the winter? I'm also in the Northeast and I can tell you that winters for me are typically very hard. Between the lack of daylight and the cold and snow, I really crash. My therapist and pdoc know to schedule additional appointments for me at this time of the year and together we get through it. Are you in any sort of treatment for your depressions? Now might be a good time to start if you're not.

You've accomplished a lot in your 25 years. And I truly believe there's more to come....
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun you have done so much hun You just cannot see that because depression is rearing its ugly head again. Please don't give up hope yet hun it is still there jsut you cannot see it clearly Can you call set up a meeting with your doctor let know how you are feeling perhaps get some supports in place so you do not fall any further. You have accomplished so much and you still can accomplish more hun You just have to get you feeling better first hugs
  4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

This is the kind of thing that you just need to power through.

You have a plan of what you want to do in the future, so I think you really need to hold on to that when things get bad.

Keep your head up and before you know it you'll be back to feeling good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.