Really homesick.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Pickles_, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pickles_

Pickles_ Member

I just moved into my college dorm, 3 and a half hours from home. I'm a major momma's boy and I miss my baby brother. If I can't stand being away from them for just one day, how am I gonna do this? I'm so depressed :(
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Cody just remember hun you are not alone in what you are feeling Many students just starting out away from home first time are feeling like you lost lonely. Give it time okay you will soon meet new people new friends to hang out with. You won't be so alone Try sending some time aside each day to just talk to your mom and brother on the internet or phone
    You will be okay hun just give it time hugs
  3. Soldier83

Soldier83 Well-Known Member

Moving out is a part of life, my mom kicked me out of the house on Christmas day when I was 16. Not sure where I'd be now if she hadn't.
  4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

first time out can be tough

since you're at school, try to focus on classes, studying (do what I say, not what I did), and maybe look into some of the social events on campus - i suggest avoiding the frats and such at first

you should also set up a regular phone/video call - say once a week - that way everyone can keep up to speed and will have a week's of things to share
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.