really intense urges

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by indie, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indie

indie Well-Known Member

getting really intense urges to cut and not stop am trying hard not to give in but its difficult not to give in.
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

What is making you want to cut? Is it anything in particular that is making you feel so bad?
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just get outside leave where you are now pick up phone and call someone distract your mind think of a time when you were happy. throw the cutting instrument away now.
  4. indie

indie Well-Known Member

just lots of stuff goin on and my head is just all over the place and i dont know wether im coming or going i keep dissociating constantly and i cant remember a time when i was happy.
  5. clare

clare Active Member

i feel exactly the same. spent an hour just staring at a blade. i dont know what to do. i know doing it would make me feel instantly better for a minute, but then i know i have to hide what i've done. i've not cut for three months or so and dont want to start again. but its difficult. stay strong indie, you dont need to do it. is there anyone you can talk to?x
  6. indie

indie Well-Known Member

no one i cant talk to no one my only friend thinks im just being stupid and i have a psych and cpn but i cant talk to them about this not yet i want to try and resist myself without their help i dont want to have to rely on people i have to be able to do this myself.
    keep thinking it will just be easier to just give in coz then it would be over
    keep thinking just one cut will do, but i know as soon as i do that one cut i have to keep going untill something clicks and i wont stop. have been reading most of the day and so far it is working, i just have to get through the weekend, and maybe things wont be so bad.
  7. clare

clare Active Member

you seem to know what to do to stop yourself, keep strong. i know how hard it is, just like you i think one cut would do it bu i know once i start i wnt be able to stop.
    if you ever want to talk....
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Indie, hoping you're ok!
  9. indie

indie Well-Known Member

i gave in early hours this morning i feel so ashamed, i cant take much more and i want to do more but am tryin my best to not do it again. i hate myself more than ever. and just keep wondering when people are gonna start sayin shut up and get over yourself.
  10. indie

indie Well-Known Member

gave in again feel so asahmed inot evn tryin to fihgt anymore ass oon asi get thhe urges ido it and i dont even seem to care how much damge i do anymorre.
  11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, I feel the same right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.