really low

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by troubledprincess, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troubledprincess

troubledprincess Well-Known Member

i feel really low i feel that i dont want my son anymore and he would be alot better without a mum like me i just wanna die and let my son have a better life without me i cant take it anymore

2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

it may seem easier that your boy grows up without you but it wont be for him hun, he will always wonder why, was it his fault etc etc and he will always carry the stigma of your death with him.

he needs you and always will do, i know its hard but its worth it and it gets better in time.
    sorry that you feel so low at the moment but i do understand.

take care suffolk girl :hug:

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

No one can love your son the same way as his mother does. I probably would have been depressed if I didn't know my mom. Your son needs you hun. You may not be the perfect mother, and honestly no one is. Don't feel like you have to be the perfect mother, because no one is perfect. Just do your best. That's all anyone can ask of you. :hug:

4. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

do you think you could have post natal depression? do you have a therapist or dr support? if so this may help you. i think your son is in the best place... ie with his mom.. who yes is struggling but obviously loves him enough to want the best for him. if you did die, your son would miss you no matter how good his adoptive parents may be. you are his mom, he needs you and he loves you unconditionally. you are the most important person in his life.
    there are things you can try to make yourself feel better. could you let me know if you are on any meds or have a therapist?

sam x

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sarah!! :hug:

Your son needs you hun. Stay strong for him. Are you on any meds now hun?

I'm always here for you :arms:

6. troubledprincess

im on prozac now but i have started to drink again i was ment to pick my son up today at 11 but did not get up till 4 i have asked my frined if she can have him till tuesday coz im in no fit state to look after him i just wanna cut im sorry if i have let people down

7. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Your son can only ever have one mother. No one can ever replace you in that role. Hope you can find the strength to carry on both for your sake and his. Best wishes.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello DD,
    You say your on Prosac! That is a very good med for depression. But you also said you are drinking, thats no good because it kills the effects of the Prosac and it is also a depressant. So by drinking you aren't going to be able to keep moving forward.
    I use to be an alcoholic (I guess I still am) but I quit for years and took my meds faithfully and they have gotten me thru some bad times. You need to talk to your doctor because sometimes it takes a regiment of different meds to ease the other symptoms you might have.
    Your son is going to need his mom not someone who could never love him like you can!! He needs to be able to draw from your strength and to have that bond only a mother can provide. Who is he going to tell his secrets to if your gone? Please don't harm yourself there are ways to get you on the right path and we are here to help you find that path!! Please Take care!!~Joseph~

9. Petal

Prozac + Alcohol= :nono:

Please stop drinking Sarah. We care about you and would hate to see anything happen to you. :hug:

10. troubledprincess

all i wanna do today is sleep and cut i just feel so bad that i cant even look after my son

11. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

Am sorry to hear of your struggle. I wish there was something I could do to help. if you need to talk, am always available. my best wishes

12. Anonymousboy

Anonymousboy Member

Why are you depressed?
    You're responsible for your son

13. Petal

Hi Sarah :wub:

How are you today? :hug: Miss you x

14. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Having lost his mother, his life would NOT be better, please don't feel this way! He's young and probably doesn't know any better.

15. troubledprincess

my son is now home which aint that good coz i have a chest infection all he has said to me today is NO and he bit me had a fight with my mum she said she is going to take my son away from meshe said im an unfit mother who should have never been able to keep him in the first place well she can talk i ran away from her when i was 3 and she let things happen to me omg why am i still here i hate life so much

16. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

:hug: dirtydancing1984 :hug:

17. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I am sorry your struggling so much at the mo. Please try and hold on your son needs you hun I'm sure when he's older he will say he would much rather have a mum who's struggling to get through the day than no mum. And try to not drink on the meds or at least not drink so much I know thats not easy as I drink on mine when I shouldn't. Look after yourself :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.