Really not feeling good

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by indogerm, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indogerm

indogerm New Member

Hi All,

In July 2013 I separated from my wife. We have a 4 year old son. We were together for almost 10 years. It was the hardest thing that I have ever done, but I don't regret leaving. My wife was very controlling and always put me down by saying things that upset me and by making me feel inadequate in life, my job and when communicating with people. I had been sleeping on the couch for 8 months and we had had a trial separation a year before. Arguments occurred every day. I used to look forward to her going to work in the morning - I would pretend that I was asleep, and I used to dread her coming home from work.

So in July 2013 I moved out. Due to the stress of my marriage I had already been feeling suicidal about 2 years earlier, at which point I started taking Prozac. A month after leaving my wife, I felt suicidal again, while still on Prozac, however that passed after a good cry. After things settled down I weened off the Prozac and felt that I no longer needed it. I have been off it for the past 4 months.

After leaving my wife I started seeing someone else. We have been together for 7 months now, however she will have to move back home soon due to Family issues, and as a result she will not be allowed to re-enter the country to work as she will be terminating her contract to move back to her home country. As a result I am having bad thoughts again. I've started crossing the road without caring about traffic and my mind is in a really negative place. I'm thinking about going back on the Prozac because I feel like I am losing a grip on life.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Indogerm.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think hun if you are doing these things that will harm you eventually then yes go back on the medication to help you through this rough time. You can stay in contact with her hun visits or online phone hun YOu and her can work something out Your son hun will always need you ok so don't do that to him Get some therapy get back on meds to help you cope right now hugs

3. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

I agree with Total Eclipse; an ad med and someone to talk with one-on-one can help give some perspective. I'm sure the idea of losing that irl emotional support isn't helping your mood or thoughts but we really don't know what the future may bring and keeping in touch with phones or online can bridge the gap for now. I'm sure your son needs you and he loves you and no matter how bad we feel, we really don't want to make the ones we love feel that kind of pain. Not a guilt-trip thing but rather a reminder cause as I sink deeper in my emotions I lose any perspective/belief that anyone finds value in me... ♥

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.