Really Struggling Tonight

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Butterfly, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I have been on an up spiral for so long. For the past weeks or so al I have done is feel euphoric, on an up, full of energy, starting several projects but also irritable and agitated at times. All I have done for the past couple of days is sing, dance constantly non stop. Yesterday I felt a little lower as I was agitated and irritated as I kept starting things and not finishing them and was restless but I took some me time and felt a little better. Today I have been even more energetic but I also feel dangerous. I'm not gonna call crisis or go to a&e or anything like that because i dont feel i nedd to. I have taken my seroquel in the hopes to wear me out and sleep but have voices breaking out this evening first time in a longlong time. guess i am jsut looking for someone to talk to this mood scares me far more than any of my low crisis points because then i am in control but i dont really feel in control tonight. sorry for the ramble i have 1000000001 thoughts racing and coliding in my brain
  2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

did the seroquel help?
  3. Butterfly

Not really, Took it over hour and a half ago and still not sleepy
  4. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

hope you feel better. what else can i do for you???
  5. Misfit

Misfit Member

Hi. Your situation sounds similar to mine's - big highs and creative bursts then crushing lows that leave me asking, "Why bother?" How are you feeling now?
  6. Butterfly

I think things are calming down slightly. But can just hear whispers and snickering with 1001 thoughts colliding at once but still like I could go on with my one woman rave
  7. Misfit

Misfit Member

I would suggest listening to a podcast or something like that. It's what I like to do when my head's a mess of thoughts - helps to drown them out and get everything back under control.
  8. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

Dear Amethyst Moon,
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having these racing thoughts. I dont know what to suggest to you except to say hang in there mate. It is so hard to fight the thoughts that race through at a million miles an hour. I know. In my case nothing seems to help. Oh sure the Serequel works for the short term (and I guess if you are in a bit of a crisis that might be the sleep), but I understand about the cascading thoughts where one thing leads to another and so forth.
    All Im saying, as a person recently released from a phsych ward, is to hang in there.
    I am sending nice positive thoughts to counteract all those other ones and hope it helps.
  9. Butterfly

Thank you all! Last night was rough but managed to sleep in the end and have only just woken up. I have been out cold for about 11 hours with no interruptions. Yay. I seem to be a lot calmer at the moment but that could always change. I almost rang the samaritans last night, which is something I wuold never normally consider because I get bad anxiety talking to strangers on the phone but whatever is going on with me made me almost consider it, which is a good step. Only thing that stopped me was I suddenly became incredibly drowsy and wanted to make use of that. I now have samaritans stored on my phone so if I should feel like I can't control my actions again, I will give it a shot.

Thanks for the support guys x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.