really struggling

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Nathan :), Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan :)

Nathan :) Banned Member

I really need abit of support right now nothing seems like its going to get better. I am trying to cope but need help along the way (I know lots of people support me here so thanks)
    I was close to attempting on saturday morning I have therapy today but she's already worried about me :(
    I hate this I wish the suffering would end
    I'm sorry if this post triggers or upsets anyone

2. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

hey natalie.. I am not sure I am much help but I am here if you want to talk.. :hug: it is hard when you are struggling especially if you are alone.. Is there anything specific causing you to feel hopeless, as though nothing will get better?

3. Nathan :)

Well I've got worse since I found out the tutor's girlfriend lives close to me and I feel unsafe as tutor (abuser) stays with her, so she (the tutor) is too close for comfort really. My nightmares are also involving my therapist now which is really scarying me then my head is saying run far away from her she will hurt you too.

4. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

:( wow.. I really don't know what to say about the therapist thing.. I mean.. It kinda makes sense.. especially if you have trouble with trusting people.. or have had previous problems with such.. Is the therapist a male? hm... Well..I wish I knew what u could do.. I'm guessing you cant just move.. are you able to carry around some sort of protection? Do you have a court order against the abuser? Or could you get one? sounds like its not very easy.. knowing you could walk outside and something could happen.. would make me a nervous wreak more then I am I think.. Not sure I'd even want to leave the house.. :hug:

5. letty

letty Banned Member

natalie do you have a restraining order? i was abused i know that fear, if you would like to talk pm me, hang in there ok,

6. Nathan :)

I do not have restraining order no

7. letty

letty Banned Member

try getting one on them , i went to the city hall and filled out paperwork and had a judge approve it, i didnt have money to d this but theres a program for this kind things.
    then they willl not be able to come around you were you live for so many yards or else they get arrested.
    I hope the suicidal thoughts go away , i have them just dont do any thing.

8. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

its good that you are seeking help. it means that somewhere in you there is a strength to keep going on. how are you doing that?

9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is so awful to feel that unsafe, but know, it is the tutor that did something wrong, not you...did you ever press charges? How unsafe are you and as it was said, do you need protective services? Also, can someone advocate for you and make it very clear that this person will lose any license he may have should he ever be near you? Is there a lawyer or social service worker you can contact to see what rights you have? Most importantly, I am so glad you thought to come here and share with us...wish it were under better circumstances...but we are here

10. Nathan :)

I never pressed charges against her, I only put complaint into my personal tutors which are pastoral care basocally, and it got investigated by assistant prinicapel, student welfare and H r but they didn't believe me. My personal tutors do but they low down in authority.

I daren't go police they won't believe me, and its really embrassing as we both females and she did what she did.

I told my therapist but she don't think tutor would risk coming to my house as ii live with paremts

11. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Do your parents know what happened? Also, no matter who abuses you, it is their fault and gender does not determine whether the incident was founded...so sorry ppl do not believe you...it is awful when the victim is treated this way...if your parents know, make it clear how unsafe you feel, so that they can be involved in assuring that this person does not interact with you...and continue posting...many of us do understand what this is like

12. Nathan :)

I give up :( I'll stick aound till september then I'm gone

13. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

What about going away to university? That is a perfect time to get away from everything and leave what happened behind.

14. Nathan :)

Lexi, that don't get rid of flashbacks,nightmares, selfharm, panic attacks, and the fact its my fault.

15. Butterfly

No it doesn't. But it seems what's triggered you now is the fact this tutor lives near you. You go to university in september so that is one less trigger. Psychiatric help can be sought wherever you move to to deal with said issues. Besdies, up until you found out about your tutor you had been doing a little better. Recovery takes time, there's no quick fix.

16. Nathan :)

Actually been more suicidal since emdr started as its pulling every feelin up apart from crying it won't let me do that :(

17. Butterfly

Well usually a sign that the therapy is working is that you feel a lot worse before you start to feel better.

18. Nathan :)

:( maybe aslong as I have people to rant to between sessions. I'll not fEel quite so alone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.