Really tired, but nothing new

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by sadhart, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

Yesterday,I went a christmas parade in the city I live in. I knew that I would feel a bit out of place being there by myself, but i went anyway. And yeah....the feeling of lonliness hit me hard. So many couples and families and I felt not only beneath them, but like I don't deserve to have what they have and that is happiness. Afterwards, I went to an AA meeting and wanted to share what I was feeling, but I was afraid that I would get a bunch of old timers in the room saying "quit whining" or " don't drink no matter what" The last one is like telling someone who about to jump off a bridge to not jump and not really understanding why they are at the point to begin with. I've seen people share at meetings and have harsh words thrown at them. Call it "tough love"....I just call it half listening and talking kind of reckless.

Last week was not good, and I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this week all that much.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey there, that AA group you attend sounds very rough and they saying ''quit whining'' is not going to help anybody. Is there another AA group you can go to? Life sounds really hard on you now and unfair, I get jealous too when I see what appears to be perfect couples. You never know what goes on behind closed doors though. But yeah seeing people so happy will either put you in a good mood or bad mood and more likely the latter if you are feeling alone and depressed.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know I really do care and please keep us updated. Best of luck with everything.

3. sadhart

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but thank you for reaching out.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Does same people attend the same AA group or does it change week to week? Just curious as never been to one, only once at the hospital and don't think its the same thing

5. sadhart

Usually it's the same people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.