Really?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by InnerStrength, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

So, I was leaving work tonight and one of my co-workers joked about me saying "his girlfriend is waiting for him" or something because I don't have one. And the lady letting us out (work late) said "really?" as if she was surprised. That's how I interpreted it. I guess I'm not very assertive, that could be one of the reasons. I mean, I've had offers I guess, but turning them down probably hasn't helped my reputation in that area much. So, this set the flares of doubt inside me once again as to what peopel think about me.

2. Kibure

Kibure Member

I don't know if this will help you but because I have always been overweight I grew a tough skin, and learned not to really care what people thought about me. If you be yourself and people don't like that then they are the kind of people you don't want to be around too much anyway. And if you try to conform to what they want just to be like, you won't like yourself very much. I had to learn all this the hard way, and I hope that I can help you so you don't have to go through so much dificulty.

3. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Yeah, most people can't really grasp the lack of assertiveness thing. That, and I think I'm severely underweight due to a medical problem, that definitely didn't help my assertiveness. I was just curious as to why she said that, like, the actual reason and not one I'm making up. I guess I'll never know.

4. timezone

timezone Member

No u won't, so stop ruminating about it.
    Could be "really?, cuz your a piece of ass" or could be "really? what a loser"
    What should it matter anywywa what the lady-at-the-door thinks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.