• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

realtionship trouble

Ardentli

My boyfriend of 2 years ...im not sure how to put this. He's conflicted about a job opportunity that would have him be away from me a lot. And he feels its not fair to me to stay together so we should go on a break.

I don't understand how that makes sense. I told him i was fine if he needs to be away, i don't want to not be in a relationship. I don't see the point of that. We live together and have a lease till july.

I feel detached from this. Sort of hurt tbh but im not drpressed so im sort of just numb and confused. I been going through everything ive done wrong or could be doing wrong...i just feel lost.

I don't want to force him to anything he doesn't want. I don't want to be a burden. He hasn't made his decision yet...but am i wrong to think, how is this a decision?...in that im not a part of your priorities?

I want marriage and a home in the future but when i talk or ask him about that. If he sees us together in the future, he says he doesn't know. I suppose I'm not used to actually having a reason to be sad...i don't know how to handle this. Maybe its this feeling of being expendable, not a priority and i feel like this can make me spiral in a bad way. And o can't share that with him because then he'll be guilty or do something he shouldn't for my sake because he feels bad...

Sorry that this is happening.

It's understandable that you feel the way you do given that he's thinking of making work his priority over the relationship.

Is talking to a couples counselor an option?

My boyfriend of 2 years ...im not sure how to put this. He's conflicted about a job opportunity that would have him be away from me a lot. And he feels its not fair to me to stay together so we should go on a break.

I don't understand how that makes sense. I told him i was fine if he needs to be away, i don't want to not be in a relationship. I don't see the point of that. We live together and have a lease till july.

I feel detached from this. Sort of hurt tbh but im not drpressed so im sort of just numb and confused. I been going through everything ive done wrong or could be doing wrong...i just feel lost.

I don't want to force him to anything he doesn't want. I don't want to be a burden. He hasn't made his decision yet...but am i wrong to think, how is this a decision?...in that im not a part of your priorities?

I want marriage and a home in the future but when i talk or ask him about that. If he sees us together in the future, he says he doesn't know. I suppose I'm not used to actually having a reason to be sad...i don't know how to handle this. Maybe its this feeling of being expendable, not a priority and i feel like this can make me spiral in a bad way. And o can't share that with him because then he'll be guilty or do something he shouldn't for my sake because he feels bad...
Wow I was in something very similar. A woman I dated for 2 years suddenly took a new job and I tried to make it work, but she started saying things like it wouldn't be fair to me. She eventually slept with someone at her job and I found out the hard way.

I can't exactly tell you what to do as I made a lot of poor decisions following it. I can simply just say follow your heart and try to make rational decisions. It might not be pretty for a while but it's the best I can offer.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00