Reasons For Killing Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading through some of the other threads. People give their reasons for wanting to die. In comparison, my reasons are pathetic. I am bored with life. Money is the only thing that makes me happy. I have a few friends, but none that truly care. I am too lazy to do anything that would make me feel "accomplished" in life. I am also very curious what it's like on the other side. I am 20 years old. I've had pretty much every job on the face of the planet, nothing interests me. I tried my hand at university, it bored me to tears. I realize that my problems are petty in comparison, but I think that I am too bored and lazy to live.

:welcome: to SF!! glad you found us, things effect everyone differently. So don't feel bad. There are a huge load of great, caring, loving, understanding people here. So don't hesitate to get to know people and post. If you ever need anything NOT having to do with editing or deleting stuff. More like emtional support, just let me know.

I am sure you will get support and find lots of friends here! :hug:

I hope you stick around.

~Carolyn. :)

NoMotiv

I've been reading through some of the other threads. People give their reasons for wanting to die. In comparison, my reasons are pathetic. I am bored with life. Money is the only thing that makes me happy. I have a few friends, but none that truly care. I am too lazy to do anything that would make me feel "accomplished" in life. I am also very curious what it's like on the other side. I am 20 years old. I've had pretty much every job on the face of the planet, nothing interests me. I tried my hand at university, it bored me to tears. I realize that my problems are petty in comparison, but I think that I am too bored and lazy to live.
Hey mate,

I feel exactly as you do. And on top of that comes the sort-of-guilty feeling from not even having real issues like many other people do. People can understand when you have been treated rough by fate, or have some sort of diagnosed disorder, but lazyness and disinterest yield very little sympathy :huh:

Im not really sure what to do about it. I guess the only remedy for being lazy is to actually go and do something, but thats pretty tough when youre not motivated. Im a bored-to-insanity student myself, now entering my 5th year and still not having an end in sight due to not having done squadizzle the past few years.

I now keep myself entertained with poker, and force myself to attend as much colleges as I can put up with, as well as actually studying for my exams. It still mostly bores me out of my skull, but atleast it gives some sense of accomplishment.

I recently had a talk with someone who gave the following advise: When having to do something you dont want to do, force yourself to find 5 positive points about it, whatever they are, and focus on those points whenever motivation is failing.

In any case, just keep hanging on. You'll find some way to keep going, and even enjoy yourself along the way - you just have to discover the way first.

It's funny that you mention joining the navy or the army because that is what I am in the process of doing. For different reasons that seeking excitement though. Getting through life is all about finding out how you work and learn best, and then focusing on those to succeed.

I am joining the navy for so many reasons. It will keep me busy, it pays well, motivation is included in the job, I get paid to see the world... the reasons are endless.

claycad

I know how you feel. Life is just too boring! I thought of ways a around it, although they are absurd, such as being James Bond 007, that would be fun. Or being a criminal...you'd get rich if you were good at it, and it would be exciting:biggrin:

Not that I am suggesting you go out a rob a bank for excitiment, but that's what daydreams are for. I pretty much sit and day dream all day long, which causes me to be extremly lazy.

You could take up sky diving, mountain climbing, base jumping, bungee jumping...etc. I would, but I am to much of a weiner to do any of that. But I agree, life is far to boring for me.

N

non_existence

why don't you just get used to boredom & accept it ?
cuz when you get old and live in a nursing home at age 70 or whatever you'll just be sitting there being bored for long periods of time. might as well prepare for that. when you can't jerk off anymore and stuff.

A stressful job most certainly can be boring.

A

asleeping

I dont think that just accepting an unpleasent state of being is a way to get through it. I hate the idea of having to live with myself for my entire life. I would like to think that i am slightly proactive in my approach in dealing with this rather then simply being consumed by it because it is a fact of life.
Also i think that highlighting something that may be negative in ones future to demonstrate the futility of a present situation is mean :mad: There is ALWAYS something worth living for.

claycad

I have been pondering your question of my reason for wanting to kill myself. I have the right answer this time I think....

Unpredictability. As long as I have a reasonability predictable future I don't contemplate suicide nearly as much. I have other reasons for wanting to kill myself which mainly include loneliness and boredom, but my ultimate reason is unpredictability.

I have been very seriously contemplating suicide recently, and asked why so much now? The reason is I do not know what lies around the corner in my near future...well, no one really knows that...but I have always had a reasonable prediction. Now I am not doing so well in school this semester (mainly because of the loneliness I think) so I am unsure of if I will fail this semester which will be one to many times and I might get suspended. If I get suspended from school, nothing will be very predictable anymore, and I would rather be dead then have no prediction of my future.

If I won millions of dollars, I would probably never really think about killing myself again. My life would certainly be very boring and lonely, but also very predictable, so I would have no reason to kill myself really. Unpredictability is my reason for considering suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00