Reasons for not ending? (Triggering)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fisch, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisch

fisch Well-Known Member

Are there any?

I mean it's all atoms really, isn't it? So life and death are the same, right?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Reasons for not ending:

My uncle has passed away today, it wasn't sudden, he had cancer. He lived a great life, was a great hard working person with 3 awesome sons and a grandchild. My reasoning for living just got stronger, I want a good long life and to die peacefully at an old age, I want to have children, grandchildren. I want people to be proud of me and respect me. But respect must be earned and I'm willing to endure going through that process. Helping others that are in a place now where I was before is also a motivation to stay alive, so they can learn to enjoy their lives too and not just simply exist.

Sorry if this wasn't the reason you were looking for but that is how I feel right now after my uncle's passing.

3. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I see it that way, we are atoms that will be recycled and reused.. But feelings don't go away like we do, so people you care for and people who care for you will be stuck with feelings, it's a reason not to go..

4. fisch

fisch Well-Known Member

Thanks to both of you. I shouldn't intellectualise such an emotive issue here (wasn't trying to, I genuinely have thoughts of doing something), so it's best I take this to Samaritans.

Ah well, my bad and have a nice day. :)

5. Petal

I have not doubted that you have genuine thoughts of harming yourself, I really was just answering the question and thought it would maybe offer you a different view. Please talk to us and don't do something that you may later regret, also the samaritans are great. Lovely volunteers for a superb cause but we were not blocking you off here, talk to us if you need to, I am willing to listen and try and help in whichever way I can.

6. fisch

fisch Well-Known Member

Actually I thought your reply was really nice, I just don't want to be THAT guy who disagrees with pro-life points made by good people. That's not fair on others in a forum like this.

7. Petal

Thank you, however...STILL willing to help if I can. I do not want to sit by and see you harm yourself. A lot of people say to others to never do anything when upset/triggered and it's true, don't because you will most likely regret it or worse it will be the point of no return. You don't have anything to lose by talking about what is bothering you. I understand your comments about ''being not fair on others''. But maybe if you opened up a bit more we just might be able to give you options, choices and an outlet, get whatever is bothering you off your chest. I truly hope you choose not to harm yourself. Calling the samaritans is a great option too :)

8. fisch

fisch Well-Known Member

Tell you what, if I ever get the urge to do something bad, I'll update this thread. Thank you for being nice to me.

9. Petal

Sounds like a super good deal! Thank you fisch! And no problem, I'm here anytime xx

10. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.