Reasons for (trigger?)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Pharaoh, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

The blood of course, but I know that for me I cut because it makes the voices stop.

I was wondering the motivations behind others SH.
  2. Jeserai

Jeserai Well-Known Member

Seeing the blood stops the voices and somehow relaxes me.
  3. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

The physical pain is a distraction from the mental pain.

It helps me to feel grounded when I'm feeling bad from dissociation.

It makes me feel REAL.
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

It is the punishment I deserve.

It releases all the emotional tension when I feel physical pain.

And when I take ODs (not to kill myself) I get great pleasure from knowing I could have destroyed myself on the inside to cause me pain. It makes me feel pleased with myself cos I deserve to suffer.
  5. UsedToBe

UsedToBe Well-Known Member

the pain and the unique feeling self harming gives me and the fact that I can control it like nothing else in my life.
  6. blondeellen

blondeellen Well-Known Member

my body is ugly anyway and it relaxes me, i like the feeling of control i dont really get that any other way.
    although im not SH im giving it up.
  7. persephone325

persephone325 Active Member

The blood. Cutting gives me a lightheaded, dizzy feeling. Almost like a high I couldn't get anyway else.
  8. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Makes bad emotions go away. If I'm feeling sad or scared or angry and it's overwhelming, I cut and I'm immediately back to neutral.
  9. Booklover123

Booklover123 Member

I cut to distract myself becuase the physical pain is a distraction from the mental pain and it helps release all the feelings that get pent up inside of me.
  10. Christina.

Christina. Member

Takes my mind off things. Like when I'm depressed, I cut to focuse on the pain and the blood. I stop thinking bout all the problems for a while and it makes me feel better. ;/
  11. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I liked to see the blood flow out of my body, and I liked the way a cut looked on my skin.
  12. Moon_Penguin

Moon_Penguin Penguin astronaut extraordinaire

i dont cut for the pain or the blood. i get a sense of relief. like theres no more tension. sends a warm flow up my back. n i only get it for a few seconds. bt its worth it. i generaly can concentrate better afterwards and im less agressive unless they touch me.
    ( tho i havent done this in weeks ^^ yaya!!)
    so if i can stop so can others.
  13. LonerForever

LonerForever Well-Known Member

Blood. Its pretty.
  14. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I like the pain. I don't care much for the blood. I could do with or without that sometimes, really. I like feeling pain, though, because it's a reminder that I'm alive. When I get into those really, really bad depressions... I start to feel like I'm not and it reminds me that I am.

It, also, shuts the voices up. I always thought I was alone in those voices, reading through this thread, guess I'm not.
  15. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

It's punishment I deserve

It'll help me feel something

One of my best distractors; I can sit there for hours playing with cuts and blood.

I'm nore sure why, but I feel less alone when I do it. Like the razor is actually a comforting friend, begging for you to give it a hug so you can feel all better.

Sometime's I'm so dissociated from reality it's the only thing I can do to jolt myself into being able to wake up, go to class, smile, etc.
  16. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

feeling of release,,,, feeling in control generally in situations I have no control over.
    I enjoy it.

I never punish myself other than words,,,,
  17. Lost_Dashite

Lost_Dashite Senior Member

It helps me feel like there's some part of my life I can control. It makes my emotional pain visible, which makes it seem real. If it's not visible, idk.. It's like I'm alone and tormented by something that doesn't exist. However the cuts on my arm provide a sense of almost comfort, knowing that what I face is real. Plus the pain helps me feel alive. I don't care for the blood, sure, it's pretty. But it's darn messy.

Oh, and a month today since the last time :) I'm trying to stop, it's just hard
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
  18. kizzybaby

kizzybaby Well-Known Member

all the usuals. The blood calms me. The pain brings my head into focus when i cant control it. I need a release. I need to explode, and this is my way of doing it. To punish myself. To feel like Ive done something about whatever it is im upset about, even though I havent really. To validate my inside feelings and make them visual. To self soothe afterwards by tending to the cut etc etc. xxx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.