Reasons I should die

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cots, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cots

cots Well-Known Member

I am jobless and I spend my day doing nothing to contribute to the world.
    I waste Earth's resources and killing myself can save the environment.
    I'm a burden to my loved ones.
    I put on a happy front everyday when I'm really just numb and dead.
    I'll always be a joke and a clown to everyone.
    I'll always be taken for granted, bullied, laughed at.
    I'll always be everyone's last choice.
    I'm destined to live to witness the man I love marry some other girl.
    I'll always be used as a stepping stone for everyone to get to their goals.
    I have lost faith in humanity.
    The only way to erase all that pain is to erase my existence altogether.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You have no way to know what the future will bring you hun and it is only you that feel you are a burden to your loved ones If you ask them they would tell you that you are not and that they want to help you. hugs
  3. NickHalden

NickHalden Member

Reasons you should not die...
    ....a counter-argument ;)

Hi CottonCandy,

There is plenty of volunteer work that betters people, families, communities, and the world. Maybe try a soup-kitchen, or a community garden! Something that makes you feel like you're apart of something, and contributing.

I'm an engineer, trust me when I tell you you're not a key contributor to the wasting of earths resources...

For me, I've always assumed I was a burden to my loved ones, I felt I brought them same. But I'm learning...It's always been only me, who doesn't love me.

Putting on a happy front is hard, isolating, and tiresome. Be selfish, and find some things that make you happy, even if just a little bit.

Being bullied, laughed at, and taken for granted is tough, no matter who you are. You'll have to recognize that those people aren't worth your time, and only you give them power to control your reactions and emotions.

As for being everyone's last choice, there's always going to be someone better than you; try to work with them and rise to their level. But there's also someone worse than you...make sure you support them, since we all know how that feels.

I think we all agree love is one of the best and worst forces of emotion we can experience. But, did you know there are over 7 billion people on this planet?! Gotta get out there!

If you've been used as a stepping stone, it means you're either good at something, or you have something people want. Either way, sounds like you have value. Perhaps you just have to focus on harnessing that value to get what YOU want.

Lost faith in humanity? Well...that's fine, try animals! Go adopt a kitten!

I hope you recognize that there's many ways to stop the pain other than exiting, one of which is healing. Make sure you prioritize you, and your needs.

Hope tomorrow is easier for you.

Best Regards,

P.S. I apologize if you weren't looking for someone to literally go through all your reasons and try to make counter arguments. But I hope you recognize, that if nothing have options, and you're in control of your life.
  4. cots

cots Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the kind replies.

I'm just tired of trying. No matter how hard I try I'll still go back to square one, because square one is where I truly belong.

I put myself out there, only to be let down time and again. I feel like I'm destined to remain lonely while watching the men I've loved and the man I still love marry someone else after using me as a substitute to tide over their lonely days. Happened more than I'd like. They all laughed and told their friends after that how easy I am. I must have really meant nothing if they can move on like that. I feel cheap. Or rather, I am cheap.

I tried to scout for a non profit organisation I'd like to work with and they say there are no more volunteering spaces available due to overwhelming response.

I sent resumes out, only to receive nothing.

I am planning to do it before the end of this year. I have already acquired the means. I just need the courage to put it into action instead of just making empty talk.

Thanks all.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Then hun you don't let these guys use you ok you chose differently next time you go slow you do not have sex with them until you know they do care ok It is hard to see now but things can change hun the can so don't give up hope hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.