1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons not to commit suicide.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by frypan367, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frypan367

frypan367 Well-Known Member

1. Things are not guaranteed to be as bad as I think they will in the future
    2. I could help someone from now on if I choose to live.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Those are great reasons :) Keep working on them and make that list longer, best wishes x

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

a suggestion, (or 2?):

3. My future will not be the same as my past, once I have new (better, deeper and different) insights that I did not have in my past
    4. Because I am a human being this means I do have the ability to learn new things, and this means I can learn how to find ways to change my situation
    5. If I try to suicide and succeed, there is no guarantee that this will achieve a better outcome for me (as I would like it to from this side of the divide).

4. Count Floyd

Count Floyd Well-Known Member

Keep that attitude, invisible. Remember, there's always potential for something great to happen to you. It does, then you look back and go "oh man, I can't believe what I almost did." Hang in there.

5. Jecie

Jecie Active Member

...following on from your 2:

3. It's a physical problem that makes you feel like this emotionally
    4. When all this is over I will look back and laugh
    5. I promised myself to stay for another hour

6. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

Some other reasons:

--With suicide there is no "foolproof" plan and the physical consequences can be devestating to self and those left with the bills
    --Someone, somewhere thinks about you and smiles
    --If you die now, you never know what you would have become

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.