Reasons not to commit suicide.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by frypan367, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frypan367

frypan367 Well-Known Member

1. Things are not guaranteed to be as bad as I think they will in the future
    2. I could help someone from now on if I choose to live.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Those are great reasons :) Keep working on them and make that list longer, best wishes x
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

a suggestion, (or 2?):

3. My future will not be the same as my past, once I have new (better, deeper and different) insights that I did not have in my past
    4. Because I am a human being this means I do have the ability to learn new things, and this means I can learn how to find ways to change my situation
    5. If I try to suicide and succeed, there is no guarantee that this will achieve a better outcome for me (as I would like it to from this side of the divide).
  4. Count Floyd

Count Floyd Well-Known Member

Keep that attitude, invisible. Remember, there's always potential for something great to happen to you. It does, then you look back and go "oh man, I can't believe what I almost did." Hang in there.
  5. Jecie

Jecie Active Member

...following on from your 2:

3. It's a physical problem that makes you feel like this emotionally
    4. When all this is over I will look back and laugh
    5. I promised myself to stay for another hour
  6. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

Some other reasons:

--With suicide there is no "foolproof" plan and the physical consequences can be devestating to self and those left with the bills
    --Someone, somewhere thinks about you and smiles
    --If you die now, you never know what you would have become
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.