Reasons to DIE

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Perfectly Imperfect, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1.My family is broken 2. I hate my life in general 3. I've been abused physically and emotionally 4. I've lost many friends to gang violence ad suicide 5. Friends in Oklahoma being deployed in August or September 6. I got discharged from the military for depression and a personality disorder 7. I'm a disappointment to my family and friends 8. I'm tired of faking my whole fucking life-emotions and feeling 9. I don't want to face reality 10. I'm a coward 11. I'm a bitch 12. Im a failure 13. I'm a bad daughter 14. I'm a bad sister 15. I'm a bad friend 16. I'm a bad girlfriend 17. My body is torn and ugly 18. I have no self image anymore-negative or positive 19. I benefit nobody by living 20. I'm pathetic and loathe myself 21. I cant do anything right 22. I have an absolute hate for myself 23. I'm decietful 24. I hide from everything and everyone 25. I push people away or don't let them in 26. I'm worthless 27. I have no positive future ahead of me 28. I have no hope 29. I have no faith 30. people would be better off without me 31. I am invaluable 32. I am a waste of space and life 33. God hates me because I've screwed up too much 34. I've turned my back on God ("the ultimate sin") 35. I've fucked up far to many people's lives 36. nobody would miss me anyways, they deserve better 37. I've had to start a new life again 38. I have no desire to live, death is ideal and appealing to me 39. I wouldn't have to deal with anymore shit 40. I'm selfish 41. I don't even deserve the shitty life I have lived 42. I'm too scared and paranoid to make new friends because I'll mess those up too 43. I'm a burden and a worry to many people although I dont deserve to be worried about 44. My ex fiance cheated on me...twice 45. and simply, I'm just a fucked up individual who has been waiting to burst!

2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

YOu've said one thing I can agree with... no31 you say that you are invaluable, which does not mean, as I think you intend it, that you are without value but in fact the opposite... you are so full of value we can't put a price on it!! You present these things as if they are ALL facts... they're not. Some clearly are, but where you can if you could try to see that most are opinions, whether yours or those that others have foisted upon you. You are of worth. We think so, certainly!

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

1.My family is broken
    Have you tried having a 'family meeting' or talking to a relative you feel most closest to? Communication is normally the key when it comes to family problems so if you all talk to each other than hopefully that's the first step to things being smoother. There's also family therapy you can try, I think.
    2. I hate my life in general
    I'm sorry to hear you hate your life but I hope this post or indeed this thread will help even just a little bit. :hug:
    3. I've been abused physically and emotionally
    :hug: If it's still effecting you have you tried therapy? If I remember rightly I think you were seeing a counselor of some sort? If so, how is it going? Sorry if I got my facts wrong, bad memory. :(
    4. I've lost many friends to gang violence ad suicide
    I'm sorry to hear this, it's terrible. Do you have any other friends you can talk to about this? Or bring it up at therapy? It must be hard to deal with.
    5. Friends in Oklahoma being deployed in August or September
    Can you keep in contact via phone/mail? How long are they out for? You can see them again soon hopefully.
    6. I got discharged from the military for depression and a personality disorder .
    Sorry to hear this too, I could say it's not your fault but I doubt that would make you feel much better. Do you have another career path in mind? If you get your depression and personality disorder under control can you go back into the military?
    7. I'm a disappointment to my family and friends.
    Why do you say that? Because of you being discharged? It's a shame they are not more compassionate because you being discharged is not your fault. They should be supporting you, it's not like you chose to have depression and a PD. There's more to you than a career, and I'm sure they see that. :hug: Again, can you try talking to a relative you trust, and a good friend? Clearing the air and hopefully you can all move forward from this.
    8. I'm tired of faking my whole fucking life-emotions and feeling
    I wish I could stop feelings and emotions too, we can't, but medication can help control them and hopefully when things smooth out that'll help take strain off of you.
    9. I don't want to face reality.
    My previous message...
    10. I'm a coward
    Why? I'm sure you're not. :hug:
    11. I'm a bitch
    Again, I doubt you are. Depressed people always think negatively about themselves but that's us being biased, people on the outside know better. You're being unfair to yourself hun.
    12. Im a failure
    You're not a failure. You were discharged from the military for something that was out of your control. You couldn't help it. Like I said, you didn't choose to have depression or a PD. You are still young hun, you can get your depression and PD under control, that is the most important thing at the moment, then you can work forwards onto a career or a job you enjoy and things will get better for you.
    13. I'm a bad daughter
    14. I'm a bad sister
    15. I'm a bad friend
    16. I'm a bad girlfriend

You think you are, but you're most probably not. You're going through a rough time, and from what you've told me, it's not you who's been the bad girlfriend, it's your fiance. Again as I said earlier, I suggest you speak to your family and your friends, it may help all involved.
    17. My body is torn and ugly
    18. I have no self image anymore-negative or positive

We are our own worst critic. I'm sure you're not ugly. I've said this to many people on here and it's true; what you find ugly others find attractive. We're not all the same, we have different tastes etc. I personally, find acne on guys attractive, whereas I know some other girls who wouldn't, personal taste. Your brain is being unfair to you.
    19. I benefit nobody by living
    Untrue! I have really enjoyed our chats in chat, and I have missed you and was so glad when you sent me that PM the other day. You are a benefit, you're a lovely person and I wish you would realise that. If you want reminding, let me know!
    20. I'm pathetic and loathe myself
    21. I cant do anything right
    22. I have an absolute hate for myself

I can relate to those feelings well, but you're not pathetic and you shouldn't hate yourself. Do you know why you hate yourself so much? I know about the military, but do you want to go into more detail on why you hate yourself? Am here if you want a chat hun. :hug:
    23. I'm decietful
    24. I hide from everything and everyone
    25. I push people away or don't let them in

Many depressed people push people away, I'm guilty of this too. I tend to push people away when I need them the most, but don't! You shouldn't have to. You don't have to hide things here hun and if you explain what you are hiding to your family/friends do you think that'll help them understand more?
    26. I'm worthless
    27. I have no positive future ahead of me
    28. I have no hope
    29. I have no faith
    30. people would be better off without me

Untrue! To all 5 points! You're not worthless and you DO have a future. You can get through this hun. You don't deserve what you're going through right now. Get the help you need, talk to someone, it will help. :hug:
    31. I am invaluable
    Yep, in the nicest way you are invaluable!! You're special.
    32. I am a waste of space and life
    Nope! -> Read point 31.
    33. God hates me because I've screwed up too much
    34. I've turned my back on God ("the ultimate sin")

I'm not religious but I doubt God would hate you, God doesn't turn his back and he would forgive you.
    35. I've fucked up far to many people's lives
    36. nobody would miss me anyways, they deserve better

You haven't fucked my life up and I would miss you!
    37. I've had to start a new life again
    38. I have no desire to live, death is ideal and appealing to me
    39. I wouldn't have to deal with anymore shit

Please don't hun, you're cared for. You are strong and you can do this.
    40. I'm selfish
    41. I don't even deserve the shitty life I have lived

Why do you think you're selfish? We all need to look after ourselves once in a while. And yes, you don't deserve the shitty life you've had. You deserve better and you will get it!
    42. I'm too scared and paranoid to make new friends because I'll mess those up too
    I'm like this too, but we need friends and if they are real friends they will stick with you.
    43. I'm a burden and a worry to many people although I dont deserve to be worried about.
    You're not a burden. And yes you may worry people but that means people care. People want to be there for you and please let them.
    44. My ex fiance cheated on me...twice
    Asshole. :dry: You deserve someone better hun.
    45. and simply, I'm just a fucked up individual who has been waiting to burst!
    :hug: If it'll help to rant and talk in this thread then please feel free to do so. I'm also here for you anytime, take care of yourself hun. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.