Reasons to live

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My 'reason' (it's not exactly a reason, can't think of a better word) number one. It's not my number one in real, but for this it is.
- The beauty in the world around me. (I'm looking for pictures similar to those I've taken, as the ones I've taken are too large to post. I know that there are way more stunning ones than this, but, I was looking for ones like those I have....)
The raindrops on petals

The sunlight as it pierces through the clouds
View attachment 3367

The light glistening on trees in the morning

Swaying grass in the breeze
View attachment 3368

The ocean crashing

Clouds moving in the wind
View attachment 3369

torrential downpours, with the drops on the windows
View attachment 3370

The sun as it rises in the morning
View attachment 3371

The water as it trickles or flows down the rocks
View attachment 3372

Rebreb

I love that all these reasons are from nature, which won't abandon you, or talk back, or make fun of you, or trick you.... And it won't leave you. It's unpredictable but we expect it to be, so we accept that. It can be violent but it's not at fault. It can be confusing but again, we forgive it. We accept it unconditionally. And it shows us beauty in every single moment. There's always something to be found that's beautiful, even in the middle of a parking lot there may be a few vibrant blades of grass bursting through a crack loving the sun and soaking up delicious rain when it comes.

And we're nature too. Every piece we are made of is miraculous and beautiful.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Reasons to live?

I believe that this is the way the world changes, the way that humanity evolves to be kinder, stronger and better: that ordinary people who endure pain and adversity choose to live, choose to be kind, choose to be strong - it sets a bar. It teaches people. It moves humanity forward. It is the reason that people today have freedoms they did not have fifty, twenty, even ten years ago. I believe that every person that is kind to someone else, that shows love, makes a difference. My reason to live is that I want the world to be better.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
My daughter. And this really hurts. Sometimes I think she is better off without me. And then again she kept me going on...again and again and again....I love her.
Anne, your daughter will never be better of without you. You're such a kind and caring person, no one will be better off without you in fact.
Also, I can't mess up the "counting game" without you!

Charlene

SF Supporter
Anne, your daughter will never be better of without you. You're such a kind and caring person, no one will be better off without you in fact.
Also, I can't mess up the "counting game" without you!
Thank you! And I can give this back to you. You are so kind and caring and I love you for that. And yes, true, it is not only my daughter. I would never ever let you alone with messing up the counting forum. This job needs to be done by both of us!

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@pooky no reason could be nutty.
Kay, so for today I want to find a quote that defines my reason.
This one doesn't define it properly, but:
View attachment 3377
I mean it in the way that
View attachment 3378
My explanation on that really is another reason. So will leave it here. I want the world to know it's possible. To prove that it can be done.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
What a wonderful thread @Innocent Forever...reading all the responses gives me such hope for today but also for tomorrow...and the day after that. I guess that is the reason to live as we don't know what good or wonders tomorrow may bring, who we may meet who either we will help or who will help us to see a new perspective on life, or give us a reason to smile or laugh, all of which sounds so trite I know but think it's what keeps me going...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00