Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AlexiMarie7, Oct 11, 2016.

1. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Well-Known Member

Can you please help me by listing your top 1 or 2 reasons that keep you going on the darkest days when you are having suicidal urges?
    I don't have the focus as I type to read lengthy paragraphs--I may later just not right now--so even a word or two or a brief sentence may be better.

I am fighting what I feel are very 'rational' reasons and thoughts on I guess the dark side, and I am in need of some counter thoughts to hopefully be able to keep in mind .

I am tired of feeling trapped and 'hanging on, and the only certainties I am able to foresee (that actually exist) are challenges that are set ahead for me to deal with. What really helps you, even or especially as a last resort, please?
    I don't think I am seeking distraction but something more effective.
  2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

1. I get enjoyment out of the smallest and silliest things which just cheer me up. Making a nice dinner, having a cold drink, gaming, continuing a tv show, whatever.
    2. I know that these thoughts are not permanent and I can and will be able to fight them effectively and return to a less emotional and happier state.
    3. I know you only asked for 2 but I am going to do 3 because I am a rebel. I have many ideas for the future and several goals I want to accomplish. I think about these things and consider how I can make progress in them if I am feeling bad.

What helps me when things are bad or as a last resort is... to find a release (something I enjoy, however small) or I also like flesh out the ideas in my head in a rational way. I know I can not do that when I am emotional so often I will put these thoughts on the back burner until I have calmed down.
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  3. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Well-Known Member

Well, you managed to make me smile a little in my head @ being a rebel. I am so devoid of #3 though

Thank you. I will be re-reading these.
    Cicada 3301 likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank Member

I am working and I love my job. This is one way I get over my depressed feelings and my suicidal ideas. Also, the fact that I know I'll have no more debt regarding back income taxes in 3 years at the most, helps me quite a bit.
  5. curlyq

curlyq Active Member

1. I remind myself that other people have felt the same way, and have recovered. There are many stories on this site of people who have given up hope, like how I feel, and who survived and felt happy again.

2. Thinking about a time that I did feel happy, because it makes me remember that I was once capable of feeling that way and it will be possible again.

Good luck! Sending support!
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

1. My nephew and watching him grow up, hopefully to be a good influence on his life.
    2. The fact that I may one day be a successful individual, as I slowly work towards my life goals.
  7. SunShine1973

SunShine1973 Active Member

Thank you first for asking this question I read a quote recently I think it was Juliette Lewis said "the bravest thing I ever did was carry on living my life when I wanted to die" that quote really spoke to me and made me realise there are other people who have battled living in there own heads and have carried on and survived
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  8. blackestocean

blackestocean Member

1. i don't want my cat to eat my face. (i live alone.)

hey, whatever works, right. sometimes i feel like i am barely hanging on;
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.