Reasons?

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, welcome to the forum - I'm glad you found us.

I think people's reasons are going to vary between them as individuals, but what keeps me going through a "bad patch" (if you want to call it that) is that the world is always growing and always changing - what might be awful and a big deal now, might not be so terrible a year down the line, even a week etc - and the fact that we are in more control than we think we are.

Do you want to speak a bit more about what you're going through?

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi Somebody
@Lux is right, things change all the time. Not just the world around us but ourselves too, especially when we're young. We really don't have any idea what's around the corner for us or how we'll feel about it. If someone had told me three years ago (or even two) that I'd be glad to still be here I'd have laughed in their face. I was 100% convinced I had nothing to live for. And I'm really not unusual.

If you feel comfortable telling us a little about what's going on for you right now we'd be happy to listen *hug

KindaOtiose

Hi. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment. It sounds as if you are quite suicidal at the moment.

It may currently feel as you have nothing to live for, however that isn't true. I know when you are feeling suicidal it may feel as if nothing can ever get better, but that is also not true. Things can get better for you. It is possible for you to find meaning in life and for you to feel better. Options like therapy and medication may be able to help you. And as previously mentioned in this thread, time heals and changes.

Would you like to share more about what is going on for you? Sharing can often help and you will likely find someone on this forum who has been through or is going through something to similar to you, and they may be able to help you in your darkest moments.

I hope you can feel better soon. Sending hugs *hug10.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I think I've reached a point where I'd rather just solve more or less my biggest issues and try to enjoy the ride with what I've got right now. Waiting for a reason has not lead me anywhere.

Your reason could be to find a reason, if that helps you.

Last edited:

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hi @Somebody xx I can sense a lot of pain. You'll always have a place here to share your pain. Pain shared is pain lessened. We're here for you. And we're glad to have you here.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
I think I've reached a point where I'd rather just solve more or less my biggest issues and try to enjoy the ride with what I've got today. Waiting for a reason has not lead me anywhere.
Your reason could be to find a reason, too.
This is good. Very good! Do jusf thaf—it’s brilliant!!! (Can you tell I’m really excited 😊 for you?)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00