Reasons?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Jenn3, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn3

Jenn3 Member

Well.. I quite honestly am not finding one reason to not cut.
    I can't think of any, so I Googled reasons, but I don't care if it scars, I don't care if people somehow find out, I just don't care. And I can't sleep if I don't do it.

2. the_only_one

the_only_one Well-Known Member

the one reeason for me is my friends. tho i really only say i have two. i know when i do it, it hurts them twice as much. so i try not to. i still catch myself doinng it sometimes. but its not as much now

3. Worthless

Worthless Well-Known Member

Shame and disappointment.
    I like swimming on my good days, but I usually cant if i have fresh cuts all over my body, so i feel ashamed and mad at myself because I cant do something I enjoy because of the cuts.

And even though you said you dont care if people see them, they'd be upset or disappointed in you knowing that you've done it.

And when someones disappointed in me, it makes me feel shittier than i did initially. :/

4. the_only_one

the_only_one Well-Known Member

EXACTLY! when i first started cutting. i didnt expect anyone to nitice

then my girlfriend saw my arm. now i worry her so much about my own insanity, she started to harm herself.

that is my one main drive to stop

5. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

the only reason i can give you not to hurt yourself is,
    you are better than that.
    you deserve to live a life where you can do other, more productive things to release anger or sadness or guilt or whatever you're feeling.
    you are better than self harm, don't let it rule you.

6. Delia

Delia New Member

my reasons are the scars and my family. My mom thinks people, who harm themselves are disgusting. I don't want my own mom to think that I am disgusting, it makes me so desperate. I will never get help.

7. kizzybaby

kizzybaby Well-Known Member

Why dont you try looking at reasons TO cut? i know this sounds crazy but bear with me. I think that its difficult when you are so triggered to realise just how little it will help. Youl get immediate results, and you will feed your addiction for it, but after 30 seconds? Nothing will have got better. None of the things you are struggling with will have changed. The problems will all still be there, but you will be in pain, and will feel all the usual shame/dissapointment/disgust/hurt etc that cutting brings on top of it all. i hope this helps. I posted a blog with a long list of ways to avoid cutting a while ago, its in the forum and its called Distractions and fighting it. Have a nose, see if any of them help.
    You are worth so much more hun. Dont hurt yourself, you are hurting enough. Dont add to it. Concentrate on getting better and lookign after yourself, not hurting yourself even further. xoxo

8. Jenn3

Jenn3 Member

Well, it's now been about a week since the last time I have. Yippee, I think. It just seems like with one things comes another. I feel so screwed up. Cause once I can stop cutting, I end up losing my appetite. I'm not sure which is worse..
    But either way, thank you all so much for your support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.