Received response about job test/assessment

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mpk, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Received an email response about the job test/assessment. I was not invited to move forward in the process. I know it is part of life to be rejected yet it is pretty tough when fighting depression.
    I am going to try and not dwell on it and move forward yet unfortunately being depressed does make that tough to do.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

mpk, I'm sorry this job test/assessment went this way. It's just one test though. There will be others. Also, I suspect that when we don't get one job, there is likely something even better out there for us - something that is a better fit, a nicer environment, more interesting, a better work challenge for us. *hug*

What are you going to do with the rest of today? I hope you have something good planned - maybe a walk, playing a game online, reading a book.

3. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you Acy for your response. I have already gone for a 30 minute walk today. I just took my first does of 25mg of Prozac so it kind of made me sleepy. I will probably try and take a nap in couple of hours.

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry you didn't get it, and I know it is difficult to get such a response when you're depressed.
    But please don't give up.

In time, when you've made it through these days, try to see this as an experience. Next time you will know more about these things, and you might do better because of that.

Best of luck for next time!

5. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you phantomlady. I'll see what happens next time yet it was a disappointment yet I am going to try and not dwell on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.