Recent Grad Fury

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lachrymose27, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

So I graduated with a bachelors... but i still couldn't get any work experience to land jobs that always require 1-5 years of experience. the internships i've done had me fetch coffee, run errands, order food, stack the refrigerator, answer phone calls. so, i recently applied for another intern position hoping it'd turn out differently, but was rejected since I am no longer a student. so, i reapplied to school even though I already have a bachelors, but was rejected there as well cause "the major you applied for is full."

So now i'm just going to look for jobs, again, via job boards hoping they won't criticize me for the lack of work experience and actually give me a chance, which I doubt any place would.

life is sad.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I hate how flawed the system is when it comes to work experience, and especially so when you have a degree.
    I recently told a careers advisor I was having trouble with the same thing and his answer was "well I'm afraid you're just going to have to do some voluntary work until you have the 1 year that they are looking for".
    Seriously?? I have to do an entire year of voluntary work and live on benefits just so that I can be eligible, instead of having them pay me slightly less and train me. Fucking stupid system.
    Sorry you're having to go through this. :(

3. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

likewise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.